Welcome to The Shack Forum! Forum posting rules can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3
And an explanation of how to navigate around the forum: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=63
New members are encouraged to post here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=75

Hi there!

If you are a new member, and plan on sticking around here for a while, introduce yourself! Tell us a bit about yourself! (We get LOTS of new people, so please understand if no one replies right away.)
sunsheenee
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Re: Hi there!

Post by sunsheenee » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:28 am

Arus wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:00 pm
So what do you do Sunshine, and what are your hobbies?
Sorry, it took me this long to respond. :D

Anyway, I am a proofreader at a local printing press. I love to read, that may be the reason why I choose that job. As for my hobbies, as I've said already I love to read. I have my own "little library" at home that I'm proud of. I'm always beaming every time I look at it like my books are my babies. :D

One thing that I also love to do is listen to Broadway songs, I love Broadway! Too bad it is not much of a mainstream here in the Philippines and even if it is, it costs a lot I cannot afford it. :-( But I'm keeping the dream of being able to watch it...
Fathom and Half.

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:52 am

Hi Sunshine, thanks for telling us a bit about yourself. It's interesting that you're a proofreader because I also like proofreading and I like to read too. What kinds of books do you like to read? What are your favourite Broadway songs? Are they something you can get on CD/DVD or you can only to go to live shows?

sunsheenee
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Post by sunsheenee » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:10 am

Cathy wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:52 am
Hi Sunshine, thanks for telling us a bit about yourself. It's interesting that you're a proofreader because I also like proofreading and I like to read too. What kinds of books do you like to read? What are your favourite Broadway songs? Are they something you can get on CD/DVD or you can only to go to live shows?
I read anything that can interest me but mostly I'm into classic books. I am actually a big Jane Austen fan, I've read five of her novels, one more novel and I am already a certified Austen Addict, if I am not already :D

And oh, I love the songs from Hamilton, Dear Evan Hansen, Sound of Music, Wicked, West Side Story, and many many more! I download them to my phone and listen to them almost every day. I just can't get enough of them.
Fathom and Half.

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:27 am

Hi Sunshine, I thought your avatar may be a picture of Jane Austen, so it sounds like it could be. :) I read Pride and Prejudice years ago but I've watched a lot of Jane Austen movies and miniseries. I love the 2005 film with Keira Knightley and also Sense and Sensibility 1995 with Kate Winslet and Emma Thompson. Do you like those too? I'm fond of The Sound Of Music too.

sunsheenee
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Post by sunsheenee » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:37 am

Cathy wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:27 am
Hi Sunshine, I thought your avatar may be a picture of Jane Austen, so it sounds like it could be. :) I read Pride and Prejudice years ago but I've watched a lot of Jane Austen movies and miniseries. I love the 2005 film with Keira Knightly and also Sense and Sensibility 1995 with Kate Winslet and Emma Thompson. Do you like those too? I'm fond of The Sound Of Music too.
I love them so much! I even played Elizabeth Bennet in a play when I was in college, of course with Keira in my mind. Pride and Prejudice is my favorite and it was I who insisted we do that play. Haha!
Fathom and Half.

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:39 am

How lovely that you played Elizabeth Bennet in a play of Pride and Prejudice! Good on you. :)

sunsheenee
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Post by sunsheenee » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:53 am

Cathy wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:39 am
How lovely that you played Elizabeth Bennet in a play of Pride and Prejudice! Good on you. :)
What about you? What are your interests?
Fathom and Half.

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:57 am

It's hard to know where to start in describing my interests. I'm watching the Commonwealth Games gymnastics at the moment. It's great and the Australians did very well. I also like to read and to watch TV/movies. I have an interest in psychology, having studied it at college. I collect information and pictures about a lot of things. My favourite colour is hot pink and I love pretty flowers, especially pink ones. What's your favourite colour?

Arus
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Arus » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:00 pm

Wow Sunshine, your interests and hobbies are quite unusual for a person your age! It sounds like you are very special :) Do you know where your love of the classics comes from?
In the cracks of an earthquake, new flowers grow.

sunsheenee
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Post by sunsheenee » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:33 am

Cathy wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:57 am
It's hard to know where to start in describing my interests. I'm watching the Commonwealth Games gymnastics at the moment. It's great and the Australians did very well. I also like to read and to watch TV/movies. I have an interest in psychology, having studied it at college. I collect information and pictures about a lot of things. My favourite colour is hot pink and I love pretty flowers, especially pink ones. What's your favourite colour?
I love violet, but sometimes I prefer green over it. It depends on my moods, actually.
Fathom and Half.

Return to “Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (New Members)”