Welcome to The Shack Forum! Forum posting rules can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3
And an explanation of how to navigate around the forum: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=63
New members are encouraged to post here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=75

Hi there!

If you are a new member, and plan on sticking around here for a while, introduce yourself! Tell us a bit about yourself! (We get LOTS of new people, so please understand if no one replies right away.)
sunsheenee
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Hi there!

Post by sunsheenee » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:50 am

Hello!

I am so thrilled to be writing this since I am not much of a forum person, if you know what I mean. I am shy and most of the time awkward to strangers so this is a new experience to me. Anyways, I am Sunshine from Philippines, 22 years old, and to tell you honestly, very shy. I just finished reading the book and I can say it is the best experience, the best journey I have so far. I get to realize a lot of things, especially about my relationship with Papa, Sarayu, and Jesus. That's why I came here and decided to meet all of you regardless of my shyness. :)
Fathom and Half.

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Hi there!

Post by Arus » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:00 pm

Hello Sunshine, welcome to the forum! I'm very glad that you decided to say hello, despite your shyness. This was the first forum I joined too, many years ago!

My name is Peni, by the way :)
In the cracks of an earthquake, new flowers grow.

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:11 pm

Hi Sunshine, it's nice to meet you. It's brave of you to come here when you're shy. I'm shy too, so I can relate. I'm Cathy from Australia.

Doggie

Post by Doggie » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:27 pm

Howdy Sunshine,
It is nice to meet you. I'm really glad you were able to over come your shyness and post here. I'm Colleen from Colorado,USA
It is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me.

sunsheenee
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Post by sunsheenee » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:21 am

Arus wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:00 pm
Hello Sunshine, welcome to the forum! I'm very glad that you decided to say hello, despite your shyness. This was the first forum I joined too, many years ago!

My name is Peni, by the way :)
Hi, Penny! I'm very glad to meet you too... :)
Fathom and Half.

sunsheenee
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Post by sunsheenee » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:32 am

Cathy wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:11 pm
Hi Sunshine, it's nice to meet you. It's brave of you to come here when you're shy. I'm shy too, so I can relate. I'm Cathy from Australia.
Yes... That's what I came here for, to overcome that shyness and just "take a bit of time and a lot of relationship."
Fathom and Half.

sunsheenee
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Post by sunsheenee » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:40 am

Doggie wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:27 pm
Howdy Sunshine,
It is nice to meet you. I'm really glad you were able to over come your shyness and post here. I'm Colleen from Colorado,USA
Hi, Colleen! Nice meeting you too!
Fathom and Half.

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:27 am

Sunshine, we would like to get to know you better but I'm not sure what to ask. It's nice to have you here. Please feel free to share.

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:00 pm

So what do you do Sunshine, and what are your hobbies?
In the cracks of an earthquake, new flowers grow.

Doggie

Post by Doggie » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:18 pm

Hi again Sunshine, I just realized we are asking about you without giving you any information about us.
Not a reassuring thing to do for someone shy, I know because I've battled being shy in a family that made fun of it.

I'm Colleen and at the moment I'm waiting for the doctor to come in and tell me my test results are all good and I can go home today.
I've been married to my sometimes wonderful husband for 38 years almost 39. Five years ago in 2012 I spent 8 months in the hospital, and it cost me a breast and a leg. They let me keep both arms.😀

I have two almost perfect sons. (I'm not prejudices at all) And of course one perfect son that I kind of borrow from his wonderful mother. Then of course my 5 completely perfect grandsons. (I remind you that I'm not at all prejudices) Ages 19, 7, 6, 5, 4.

That's a quick look at who I am. I hope we can get to know each other better as time goes on.
It is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me.

Return to “Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (New Members)”