Welcome to The Shack Forum! Forum posting rules can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3
And an explanation of how to navigate around the forum: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=63
New members are encouraged to post here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=75

The litter box

If you are a new member, and plan on sticking around here for a while, introduce yourself! Tell us a bit about yourself! (We get LOTS of new people, so please understand if no one replies right away.)
Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: The litter box

Post by Cathy » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:10 am

Peni, I'm sorry you're missing your dad so much. I wonder if it's because he was your last surviving parent. Please be kind to yourself about how you're feeling and don't feel guilty because you know you loved your mum too. I'm sorry you keep wanting to tell your dad things. I pray God comforts you and helps you not to feel so alone. Is the funeral over by now? How did it go?

tr8theta

Post by tr8theta » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:26 pm

Arus wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:20 pm
Honestly? I miss my dad more than I thought possible. And I feel guilty because I didn't miss my mum like this. I feel very alone, and lonely, and every, single, darned day something happens where I say to myself "I must tell dad that!", and then it hits me that I can't tell him anything.

How's that for honestly, lol.
re: I say to myself "I must tell dad that!", and then it hits me that I can't tell him anything.
Why of course you can tell your dad anything you want to! just like The Holy Trinity is not with us in the corporal (physical body) sense...they are still with us in the spiritual sense...and know this...our loved ones who have left the physical state of being DO NOT cease to exist...they are also with us spiritually. We were made in Gods image and as spiritual beings we are not limited to one round of physical life...we are immortal. (this is my belief anyway...hope you don't mind my expressing it) So you talk to your dad...share your life experiences with him...he is there and listening. :)

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:12 pm

Doggie wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:03 pm
since I was taking care of my mother for two years while she had cancer I had already mourned her and was more ready.
That's a good point! Thanks Coll!
In the cracks of an earthquake, new flowers grow.

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:14 pm

Cathy wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:10 am
Is the funeral over by now? How did it go?
Thank you Cathy. I think I probably miss him so much because I saw so much of him. There was no funeral, as per his wishes. He was cremated, some of his ashes we put with mum in the garden, I kept some and my sister took some back with her to bury in Wales.

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:16 pm

(this is my belief anyway...hope you don't mind my expressing it) So you talk to your dad...share your life experiences with him...he is there and listening. :)
You are welcome to express what you like! I do still talk to him in my head, but it's not the same, you know?

tr8theta

Post by tr8theta » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:26 pm

re: not the same, you know?
I know it's not...but it's all that we have left...at least it's nice to think that we can still have a spiritual relationship in which he can hear you and perhaps even speak to you in your thoughts...that plus our fond memories.

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:55 am

Peni, I can understand you missing your dad so much because you saw so much of him. Thank you for telling me about your dad's last wishes and how it was carried out. How are you going with sorting out your dad's house? Is it going to be sold? I pray that God comforts you and helps you through this difficult time.

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:40 pm

Cathy, I finally finished sorting his house out today, which is such a relief. I can't sell it until his estate has been wound up, and that could be (according to the lawyers) at least 9 months, if nothing goes wrong.

Tom, thank goodness I have lots of fond memories!

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:23 am

Well done, Peni! It took us about a year to sort out my Dad's unit but he had quite a lot of stuff and it needed a lot of cleaning. It always takes a while for an estate to be sorted out, which is a pain.

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:52 pm

It is a pain, but it also gives me much needed time to decide if I want to sell or rent it out, so that's good.

Return to “Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (New Members)”