Welcome to The Shack Forum! Forum posting rules can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3
And an explanation of how to navigate around the forum: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=63
New members are encouraged to post here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=75

Members saying Hello

If you are a new member, and plan on sticking around here for a while, introduce yourself! Tell us a bit about yourself! (We get LOTS of new people, so please understand if no one replies right away.)
theseeker

Re: Members saying Hello

Post by theseeker » Thu May 11, 2017 1:23 am

Hello, I'm Cate and I am contemplating The Shack and how it relates to me in the redemptive process. In the fifty years Of being in the church, I have learned that God is intricately involved in the daily process of my life. I am thankful for redeeming grace.

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Thu May 11, 2017 1:25 am

Hi Cate, welcome. It's great that you're aware of God being involved in your daily life. :)

Courageous

Post by Courageous » Thu May 11, 2017 2:30 am

Hello Cate! Welcome :D

Doggie

Post by Doggie » Thu May 11, 2017 2:36 am

Howdy Cate,
I like the idea that not only is He involved, He wants is to share in relationship with him.
It is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me.

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Fri May 12, 2017 5:31 pm

Hi Cate, welcome to the forum!
In the cracks of an earthquake, new flowers grow.

jgist65@gmail.com

Post by jgist65@gmail.com » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:15 pm

Hi everybody!!
I don't know where to start. Just finished the book and ready to start reading it all over again. I came to the book or should I say the book came to me completely unexpectedly. Papa really does know what he is doing. Thank you for finding me.
GiGiJessie

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:55 pm

Hi jgist, welcome to the forum.

Courageous

Post by Courageous » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:03 pm

Hii jg! Just how did the book come to you? I always love those stories. *Welcome to the board!

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:56 pm

Hello there, welcome to Shackland! I also want to know how it came to you, lol.
In the cracks of an earthquake, new flowers grow.

renewed17

Re: Hello from Cincinnati !!

Post by renewed17 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:19 am

Hello to all...Reading The Shack has saved me in so many ways...I have been sick with addiction and still am but have been sober 180 days as of tomorrow..Praise God!! I read the book while incarcerated and it truly saved my life and returned my faith!! It changed me in all the ways that I look at and am living my life....:-) :D

An older woman came to me at the treatment facility and became my mentor...she wrote to me and encouraged me and continues to be a positive influence in my life....she wrote me this message and put it on an index card....I posted it inside my locker and as I rose each day to fight for my life to be free from the disease of addiction ; I read it and it gave me serenity and peace ....this is what was written:

From God: I am here, you matter to me. I love you and will not abandon you.
Put your trust in me. Together we can make this right. NOTHING, no matter what you may
have done or been unable to do, can separate you from my love.
This spoke to my heart and my spirit and gave me courage and self-acceptance and allowed me to forgive myself for hurting myself and all those who love me. My Dad passed away on March 30th while I was still incarcerated, and what I went through was unimaginable....I prayed each night for God to speak to his heart and to keep him close...I spoke with him on the phone telling him that I had read the shack and how it had awakened my spirit and impacted me profoundly and that it had changed the way I saw God...he said he could not wait to read it and was going to attend church with my husband...a week or so later he died suddenly without any illness or warning....everything that has happened to me including this book being available in the jail library where I was locked up has been life changing....I am in recovery and by the grace and mercy of God I am forgiven and loved and he held me during my difficult time.....I have a renewed spirit !

Return to “Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (New Members)”