Welcome to The Shack Forum! Forum posting rules can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3
And an explanation of how to navigate around the forum: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=63
New members are encouraged to post here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=75

Thanks!

This forum is for those who wish to say "Thank you" to the authors for The Shack. This is a great place to post if you don't plan on posting much on this forum. Please make all postings short and to the point!
thefamilymix

Thanks!

Post by thefamilymix » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:03 pm

This book is EVERYTHING!

I experience the Holy Spirit every time I open it. Going to see the movie today and I'm a bit nervous. I think because I have such a love for the book I don't want any interference that is not equal to its perfection.

Thanks so much Mr. Young and team and when I read how the book came to past just blew me away. Totally God!

Blessings.

Gayu

Re: Thanks!

Post by Gayu » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:14 pm

I thorougly enjoyed it, I hope to embrace relationships and love ( the verbs) and BE ALIVE.

Dougster
Barely not a Newbie
Barely not a Newbie

Post by Dougster » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:00 am

The book has changed my entire attitude towards life. I have a whole new agenda in becoming a better person. This occurred when I was only one third the way through it. It was so marvelously written! I tried many times to read the Bible and found it difficult to get past the begots and begans. I've read several segments of several versions of the Bible, but none have moved me as much as this book. This book could also be used as a guide for those looking for the true meaning of LOVE.

Papalovesyou
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Papalovesyou » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:30 am

Dougster wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:00 am
The book has changed my entire attitude towards life. I have a whole new agenda in becoming a better person. This occurred when I was only one third the way through it. It was so marvelously written! I tried many times to read the Bible and found it difficult to get past the begots and begans. I've read several segments of several versions of the Bible, but none have moved me as much as this book. This book could also be used as a guide for those looking for the true meaning of LOVE.
It has the same affect on many. Perhaps once you have gone a bit further down the road with Papa, you an revisit the Bible as His love story to you, seen through the eyes of 1 Corinthians 13. And perhaps rethink what happened in Eden, as a turning away from Papa, and the resultant fear (which colored Man's perception of His Father) and Jesus opening the way to re(turn) to the dance with Father, Son, and Spirit, as was the design from the very beginning! (Re-turning can simply be μετανοέω , a changing of the mind, an understanding of the loving nature of God and His wish we join in unity, to walk IN, through, and with the Trinity)

And to help you understand some of the deep underpinnings of the book, I recommend The Shack Revisited, by Baxter Kruger. And the video(s) here I found VERY helpful (tissues might be needed):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFxwfRJ16GA

Blessings,
Papalovesyou
May we all come to know Papa as we are known... and see ourselves as He sees us!

Moparmom54

Post by Moparmom54 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:30 pm

I, just 5 minutes ago, finished reading The Shack. I have to say I feel a big impact from this story.
I don't care if it's truth or fiction, politically correct, or what, it touched my heart. It helped me let loose and forgive. My heart felt joy for Mack, what I wouldn't give to get to resolve things with my Mother, Father and Step-Father. I felt the love from Papa and the uncertainty and trepidation of Mack for what he had to face.
I Love this book and can't wait to see the movie!!

Courageous

Post by Courageous » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:01 pm

Moparmom54 wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:30 pm
.... It helped me let loose and forgive.
I had same experience Moparmom! I will never be the same.

Welcome to The Shack family ! Hope to see you around :D

Jewelia
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Post by Jewelia » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:54 am

Mike, I love what you wrote. Most of all, I love the way that the book, and now the movie, are changing people's perception of God, and in turn, how that is changing their lives.
I love it SO much, I can't stop smiling. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Return to “Outbound Ripples (Shout Out!)”