Welcome to The Shack Forum! Forum posting rules can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3
And an explanation of how to navigate around the forum: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=63
New members are encouraged to post here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=75

I finally understand!

This forum is for those who wish to say "Thank you" to the authors for The Shack. This is a great place to post if you don't plan on posting much on this forum. Please make all postings short and to the point!
SarahBeth
Barely not a Newbie
Barely not a Newbie

I finally understand!

Post by SarahBeth » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:51 pm

I just wanted to say Thank You so much to Paul for writing this book. I loved to hear your story of how it started off as a Christmas gift for your children. This book brought me back to the God I always knew God to Be, but hadn't been taught that it was. I was disturbed to hear that things happened much differently in the movie than in the book. I'm so glad I read it. It is helping me and my children through the pain of being seperated from one another. Thank you. <3 I can tell God has blessed you in your life and I pray you will continue to be blessed. <3

Doggie

Re: I finally understand!

Post by Doggie » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:26 pm

SarahBeth,
I felt the movie followed the book fairly well, it just left out the last chapter.
There were a few other things left out that enriched the book but it did do a good job with the time limits.

I'm very sorry about the separation with your kids. That is always hard.

My prayers are with you.
Last edited by Doggie on Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
It is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me.

tr8theta

Re: I finally understand!

Post by tr8theta » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:13 pm

Dear SaraBeth,
I feel that the book and movie...each in it's own way....contributed to our spiritual enlightenment.
Did you see the movie yet? If so what did you like the most about the book and about the movie?
Check out the "This or That" thread where we ask each other questions about life.
Tom

Return to “Outbound Ripples (Shout Out!)”