Welcome to The Shack Forum! Forum posting rules can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3
And an explanation of how to navigate around the forum: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=63
New members are encouraged to post here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=75

Who's going to watch the movie

People sharing how they feel about the Shack Movie and how it impacted them!

Moderator: Forum Admin

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Who's going to watch the movie

Post by Arus » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:14 pm

ROFL!! We were just complaining about that today! We have one particular TV channel that is just like that! And, unfortunately, that channel shows all the best movies! I watch movies with the remote in my hand, turning the volume up and down as needs be, hahaha!
In the cracks of an earthquake, new flowers grow.

Jewelia
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Post by Jewelia » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:20 pm

So I am good for 3...3 times seeing the movie in one week and am open to going a 4th time if someone is looking for someone to go with. This is getting to be very expensive...lol.
Every person I come across (I work at a very large school) I tell them about the movie and encourage them to see it.
Each time I see the movie I get something more from it and the message of Papa's love just resonates so much more within me. It's a message I want (need) to hear/see over and over again.

Without spoiling anything, at the end I don't know if I would have made the same choice as Mack, but I can understand why he chose the way he did. Is this the part that I was supposed to catch?

:)

PastorCarl
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Post by PastorCarl » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:19 am

I agree with you. Of course at my age, leaving this world wouldn't be a difficult decision for me. LOL!!! However, that said, I believe Mack made his choice to keep his family from suffering any further "great sorrow" that would occur as a result of his death. He knew Missy would be there and one day his whole family would be reunited with her in heaven.
Last edited by PastorCarl on Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed." Psalms 139:16

Jewelia
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Post by Jewelia » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:36 am

PastorCarl wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:19 am
I agree with you. Of course at my age, leaving this world wouldn't be a difficult decision for me. LOL!!! However, that said, I believe Mack made his choice to keep his family from suffering any further "great sorrow" that would occur as a result of his death. He know Missy would be there and one day his whole family would be reunited with her in heaven.
I couldn't agree more. :D

Doggie

Post by Doggie » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:31 am

I believe that being that close to God Mack felt the sacrificial love of God. He returned to give that love.

This is kind of from my experience spending time with God. I was also given the choice return our stay. I was told that my returning would mean more physical pain and a lot of giving up of myself. He did promise that He would be with me through it all and give me his strength and grace. There was a specific person I too return for. Because I experiencing his wonderful love I was willing to return even knowing my life going be harder than before.
It is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me.

PastorCarl
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Post by PastorCarl » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:22 pm

Doggie wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:31 am
I believe that being that close to God Mack felt the sacrificial love of God. He returned to give that love.

This is kind of from my experience spending time with God. I was also given the choice return our stay. I was told that my returning would mean more physical pain and a lot of giving up of myself. He did promise that He would be with me through it all and give me his strength and grace. There was a specific person I too return for. Because I experiencing his wonderful love I was willing to return even knowing my life going be harder than before.
You have some great company in your belief on staying, Doggie. The apostle Paul had this to say about the choice of going home to be with Jesus or staying:

" For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. If I am to live in the flesh, that means fruitful labor for me. Yet which I shall choose I cannot tell. I am hard pressed between the two. My desire is to depart and be with Christ, for that is far better. But to remain in the flesh is more necessary on your account. Convinced of this, I know that I will remain and continue with you all, for your progress and joy in the faith" (Philippians 1:21-25).
"You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed." Psalms 139:16

Vernie-Pooh
Barely not a Newbie
Barely not a Newbie

Post by Vernie-Pooh » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:47 pm

It was absolutely AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beautifully done - The writing, acting, directing, and the cinematography was breath-taking.

You know how sometimes the movie is disappointing and doesn't capture the "essence" of the book?

Well, this movie did NOT disappoint - It was true to the "soul" and "spirit" of the book.

People on both sides of me were weeping - There was also several instances of us literally laughing out loud in the theater.

When it was over, you could hear folks sniffling, and some people even applauded.

I'm not one to see a movie more than once, but I'd watch this over and over and over.

Well done, and BRAVO!
"Love Never Fails"

Courageous

Post by Courageous » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:56 pm

Well hi Ms Pooh! I remember you :D

PastorCarl
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Post by PastorCarl » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:01 pm

Hi there Vernie-Pooh. I used to be a part of this forum, but left about 3 or 4 years ago, and have recently returned myself. Back then I was Son of Adam.

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:20 pm

Vernie-Pooh wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:47 pm
some people even applauded.
You know Vernie, I have seen that same thing said on so many facebook posts lately! I have never seen a movie where the audience applauded!
In the cracks of an earthquake, new flowers grow.

Return to “What People Are Saying About The Shack MOVIE”