Welcome to The Shack Forum! Forum posting rules can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3
And an explanation of how to navigate around the forum: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=63
New members are encouraged to post here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=75

Discuss "The Shack" Book or Movie ONLY (New Thread 8-2017)

People sharing how they feel about the Shack Movie and how it impacted them!

Moderator: Forum Admin

tr8theta
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Discuss "The Shack" Book or Movie ONLY (New Thread 8-2017)

Post by tr8theta » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:23 pm

Hello & Welcome! This thread is for discussing "The Shack" Book and/or Movie ONLY.
There are many other forum threads for other topic discussions to enjoy and particpate in.
PLEASE limit your posts here to discussing the book or movie only - Thank you :D

My name is Tom. I saw the movie first and then read the book and thoroughly enjoyed both versions. I've actually read the book twice and saw the movie four times. They had a profound impact on my spiritual being. The very first thing I changed in my life was my JUDGEMENT of others. Now I look at people in a new unbiased, non-judgemental way. If I slip up (and I do sometimes) I immediately catch myself and get back on shack...I mean track ;) The book/movie raised my awareness of the Holy Trinity in a very simplistic way.
PLEASE tell others about this forum and invite them to come join us here. ALL are welcome!
Warmest Regards, Tom (tr8theta)

Doggie

Re: Discuss "The Shack" Book or Movie ONLY (New Thread 8-2017)

Post by Doggie » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:39 pm

I found that the book did a lot of focusing on the development of the relationship between Mack and the trinity as well as pointing out the complete unity of the trinity.
I had believed that God wanted this type of relationship with me, but it seemed that most of what I was hearing in church was formulas and rules of how and what to do to please God.
I liked the idea of just being and allowing God to work with me.
It is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me.

Arus
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Arus » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:40 pm

I read the book probably 8 times, and have seen the movie twice. Absolutely loved both!!
In the cracks of an earthquake, new flowers grow.

tr8theta
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Post by tr8theta » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:11 pm

i see that there have been 14 views and only two replies so perhaps afterall there are folks coming here to read stuff but just don't post. Glad they're coming anyway

Riverrebel

Post by Riverrebel » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:32 am

I have read the book dozens of time, past the first 4 chapters...Have purchased dozens of copies to give away to friends, peers and social work clients. Loved the character type casting for the movie but was wondering WHY they omitted the last few pages of the book...which placed the entire novel up to speculation as to " real of imagined?" I especially wanted them to portray Mack and the PD going back to retrieve Missy's body...after the car accident/ recovery. I tell people about the author's life and who his book was published.

Doggie

Post by Doggie » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:10 am

I agree that not bringing in that proof of the message being from God leaves out a major element in the whole meaning of the story.
It is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me.

Return to “What People Are Saying About The Shack MOVIE”