Welcome to The Shack Forum! Forum posting rules can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3
And an explanation of how to navigate around the forum: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=63
New members are encouraged to post here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=75

This or that?

This is a forum to talk about general issues which do not pertain to The Shack, or its story.

Moderator: Forum Admin

Doggie

Re: This or that?

Post by Doggie » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:43 pm

Okay I forgot to all a question.

Other than Mack, which character on the book do you relate to the most?

My answer is Kate because I always felt like if something bad happened it was my fault.

And congratulations Tom. Being a grandparent is our reward for surviving their teens.
It is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me.

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:48 am

Congratulations about becoming a grandpa soon, Tom! I pray everything goes smoothly.

Do you have a good memory on not? (I do in most ways although not as much as I used to).

tr8theta

Post by tr8theta » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:48 pm

Other than Mack, which character on the book do you relate to the most?
Never really gave this any thought...I am surprised by Doggie's answer (which of course is very fine) because I immediately thought of which of the Trinity would I pick and not any of the other characters.
As I read/watched I really liked all Three of the Trinity.

Do you have a good memory on not? (I do in most ways although not as much as I used to).
I have both short term memory loss and good memory sometimes. It has always puzzled me why sometimes when asked by somebody example: "Do you remember the guy who was the main character in the movie (whatever) and my mind goes totally blank...yet I know I know who it was. I HATE when that happens. Sometimes if I go through the alphabet A to Z nameing random names it'll come to me...but not always...then of course sooner or later it DOES come back to me.

Comment: I feel so much for those people in Texas...to die in a damn storm. How many people do you suppose are asking "How can God allow this to happen?" when WE (here) know God is NOT to blame.

My Q: If you were driving on a highway/road and saw a little kitten would you stop and pick it up...or just keep driving by?

re: Being a grandpa - Honestly, I am not really enthused about it. Don't think ill of me. You guys don't know the circumstances. Firstly my son and the girlfriend have a volatile relationship. They keep breaking up and getting back together. The baby is an accident. They both smoke pot everyday. They are both bi-polar. The girlfriend yells and screams at her mom on top of her lungs for long periods of time everyday...and I have to listen to it. (very stressful on her and the baby) When she leaves I feel celebratory.
I just want peace and quiet but I know there will be a screaming baby in my house. I feel sorry for this baby being brought into this crappy world and only God knows what it's emotional and psychological condition will be. . My wife is all excited about being a grandmother. What am I supposed to do? I can only be me and feel how I feel. Now my son wants us to get rid of our cats...not fair to me...I've had cats for the past 32 years of our marriage and ever since I was a baby we had cats in our family. I will NOT give my cats away. I'd be haunted by their little faces as they sit in cages hoping to be adopted(?) I'd rather die.
Sorry to vent...but you guys are my only friends right now. I don't have friends in my regular life here. never really have had many friends ever. Too much hipocracy and gossip and drama to contend with...and even betrayal. if you ever want to chat LIVE in real time just e-mail me when you are on line at your computer and if I reply immediately we'll go to www.chatzy.com

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:54 pm

I don't think I could pick up a kitten because I'm allergic to cats but I would hope someone else would.

Tom, I can understand you not being enthused about being a grandpa since it means screaming matches in your house. I didn't realise they would all be living with you. I hope there will be some blessings in it for you but I know it will be stressful too. I can understand you not wanting to get rid of your cats. It's okay to vent here.

Do you have many allergies or not?

Doggie

Post by Doggie » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:31 pm

Until my thirties I had no allergies that I knew of. Then they started popping up all over the place. Sometimes I think I'm just allergic to life.

I'm going to ask my last question I'm a different way.
Other than Mack which character do you feel like it could be maybe talking about you?
It is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me.

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:49 pm

Sorry,none of them! I'll wait for someone else to answer.
In the cracks of an earthquake, new flowers grow.

tr8theta

Post by tr8theta » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:22 pm

Do you have many allergies or not?
Thank God allergies are the one thing I do not have! I know it sucks for those who do.

Other than Mack which character do you feel like it could be maybe talking about you?
I HOPE the Blessed Trinity are talking about me...other than that the only ones talking about me are you guys perhaps LOL

re: cats - well we came up with a very workable solution: We created a cat sanctuary in our garage with beds, posts, food, water, toys which resolved many problems. They cannot get into the kitchen anylonger or dining room or laundry room. The dogs can't get them or the cat's food. My son is happier. During the day some cats go out and do their business which is less litter pan scooping and I open the garage to air it out.
So far all is good.

re: kitten on highway/road - I would absolutely stop and pick it up...being a cat person. If I left it there it might get run over.

New Q - I think I may have asked this before but I just don't remember the answers (and am too lazy to go though all the posts to find them (sorry)

If you could spend the day with ANY one person from the past or present...WHO would it be and why?
What would you ask or tell them?

tr8theta

Post by tr8theta » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:08 pm

Where are you guys? It's been 3 days and no posts.

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:04 pm

Hi Tom, I'm here now. I only just got the email notification for this thread. I didn't know how to answer the previous question.

tr8theta

Post by tr8theta » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:47 pm

Whew...somebody else is ALIVE! LOL
The question was: (Did you not see the question...or you just don't have an answer?)

If you could spend the day with ANY one person from the past or present...WHO would it be and why?
What would you ask or tell them?

Return to “General Discussion ... All Non-Shack Discussions”