Welcome to The Shack Forum! Forum posting rules can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3
And an explanation of how to navigate around the forum: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=63
New members are encouraged to post here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=75

This or that?

This is a forum to talk about general issues which do not pertain to The Shack, or its story.

Moderator: Forum Admin

tr8theta

Re: This or that?

Post by tr8theta » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:47 pm

A few questions to reply to here:

Have you ever had you picture in the paper or been seen on tv? If yes share about it. (Doggie)

Once in Puerto Rico they were threatening to close the public library and our school picketed with signs. My sign was "Food for the Brain" and I appeared in the local newspaper. Circa 1960
I was in a 9 piece rock/jazz band, on a ship where we performed in every port we visited. we were on TV, newspapers, parades all the time. Our very first album - which got mixed reviews - is on youtube
"The Power of Source"

Are you in a happy place, right this minute, or not? (Arus)

I would say mostly yes than not. Since becoming "shacked" :) I am a more serene happier person. Still have to deal with the crap life throws my way...but I handle it better and recover more quickly and let such negativity slide off my back like water on a duck.

Have you ever written out a bucket list? If so what were/are some of the things on it? (Doggie)

Gee I actually haven't created a bucket list. Saw the movie though with Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson...it was cute. If I had the means to I'd like to travel...see Italy first and foremost.

Do you like to plan things or just let things happen? (Cathy)

I am really enjoying these open -ended questions guys...er i mean gals LOL!

I plan some things...and other things just happen too that I didn't envision beforehand. Sometimes my wife and I do things spontaneously which is fun too. Of course many things that "happen" are beyond our control.

Darn it I just had a great question and it evaporated from my thoughts...I hate that...hold on...
oh yeah...got it:
Have you ever had flying dreams and if so describe how you were flying (just with your body...or just your spirit or with the aid of something (i.e. airplane) and what did you see and how did you FEEL? :)

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:09 pm

I remember having flying dreams years ago. I would just hold out my arms and lift off the ground when I wanted to. It felt great to be able to go where I wanted to go quickly and see what I wanted to see, it was very enjoyable.

Do you have more happy or stressful dreams that you remember?

tr8theta

Post by tr8theta » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:20 pm

So annoying...I was mid-paragraph in responding to above Q and somehow I pressed my keyboard in such a way that it shut my computer off..and lost what I wrote.

Okay...so you are talking to quite a dreamer here...my dreams vary from happy to stressful to disturbing to delightful and some so uniquely complex and extraordinary (not conforming to the laws of the awake world universe) that Stephen King, Stephen Spielberg and James Cameron would be in awe. if only I could record and show them. My favorites are flying dreams... and romantic dreams where I am in heartfelt "love" (NOT sexual stuff) and I feel a sense of "loss" when I awaken and "she's" gone. Dreams of huge Tsunami waves and fish and my old band members. Aircraft falling and bursting into flames. Extraterrestrial encounters.
(Too much TV or movies perhaps? LOL) A lot of repeated dreams of the same unpleasant situation: I'm working for my dad at his restaurant in Puerto Rico and I am soooo not in control ( in that I am way behind in taking orders, cleaning up, no coffee made, no clean cups or dishes...VERY frustrating and upsetting; customers walking out. My flying dreams have ranged from flying with just my body to flying in various aircraft or just holding a sort of large cloth inflated by the wind. Taking off like Superman. Trying to get my pilots license.
Now in real life I have flown a real airplane but did most of my flying on computer with Microsoft Flight Simulation software.

If you sat down at a table at home or in a restaurant and food and beverage arrived in front of you...what would be on the plate(s) and in the glass that would bring a big smile to your face?

Doggie

Post by Doggie » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:48 pm

My smile wouldn't be because of the food or drink but for those that are at the table with me or even serving the food. I do enjoy food and trying new dishes but it's the sharing that is more important to me. That said, my favorite drink is a mango lasso. My favorite food is sashimi, but not mackerel.

What is the strangest thing you ever ate and would you eat it again?
It is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me.

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:58 am

As a child I apparently ate chalk and no I wouldn't eat it again, LOL.

Are you more of a practical person or more of a dreamer?

Doggie

Post by Doggie » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:30 am

Can I be a practical dreamer? I think most of my life I've dreamed and then I would figure out a practical way to reach my dreams. Or maybe I just had practical dreams. My biggest dream was that I would make a positive difference in the lives I touched. As a psychologist I hope I did, but I know teaching first grade there were some of the kids that I really made a difference in their lives.

If you opened your door tomorrow and found a dirty mangy mutt (no not me) would you take it in and take care of it, or call animal control?

tr8theta

Post by tr8theta » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:30 pm

What is the strangest thing you ever ate and would you eat it again? (doggie)
In puerto rico it's called "Gingambo" in english "okra' it was the most slimiest most difficult to chew gooey horribleness I ever put in my mouth. Never again.

Are you more of a practical person or more of a dreamer? (Cathy)
Practical person. I rarely if ever buy myself a gift or treat but rather spend my money on useful practical things. I do day dream or fantasize sometimes but kind of nip it in the bud knowing it's not gonna happen.

If you opened your door tomorrow and found a dirty mangy mutt (no not me) would you take it in and take care of it, or call animal control? (Doggie)

I'd take it in, bathe and feed it but due to having 11 cats and two pit bulls already I really can't take in yet another animal so I'd bring it to my local adoption shelter and make a donation. however once I own an animal it's for the long haul. I resent people who have pets and then give them up (unless for a very understandable reason) or worse just abandon them.

I'm nudging Arus to join us here in "This or That"...please invite her also.

If you had just one month left on this earth to live what would wish you could do (if money was NOT a issue)?

Doggie

Post by Doggie » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:25 pm

Arus ( Peni ) does join us here at times.

If I had just one month left on earth I would basically continue on doing what I'm doing. If physical limitations weren't an issue I think I would take a trip to South Africa and take Judy, her daughter, and Jayma with me. I would dearly love to see Peni face to face and give her some hugs. I know that getting the group of us together might be more than South Africa can handle, but it would be fun.

If you could sit down to lunch with any person living or dead, who would it be and why?

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:49 pm

Doggie wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:25 pm
If you could sit down to lunch with any person living or dead, who would it be and why?
It would be Jim Morrison, from The Doors, and I would like to ask him why he was so down and depressed, when he was such an amazing artist!
In the cracks of an earthquake, new flowers grow.

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:51 pm

PS, Tom? You only reply to the last question asked, not all of them :P

And I forgot to ask!!

Is your life "regret free" or not?
In the cracks of an earthquake, new flowers grow.

Return to “General Discussion ... All Non-Shack Discussions”