Welcome to The Shack Forum! Forum posting rules can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3
And an explanation of how to navigate around the forum: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=63
New members are encouraged to post here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=75

This or that?

This is a forum to talk about general issues which do not pertain to The Shack, or its story.

Moderator: Forum Admin

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: This or that?

Post by Cathy » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:06 pm

Being interested in a person's feelings (among other things).

Are you good at listening or not?

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:36 pm

I have been told that I am, many times. I prefer listening rather than talking.

Have you given The Shack book to other people or not?
In the cracks of an earthquake, new flowers grow.

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:37 pm

No

Do you buy books new, from second hand shops or borrow from a library?

tr8theta

Post by tr8theta » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:10 pm

Gots a few questions here to catch up on:

Re: Knitting & sewing - I've never knitted (and don't plan on it LOL)
Sewing- I've sewn a few buttons on pants and shirts in my lifetime -but that's about it!
Interior Decorating - Probably what I've done the most of these three things. I like to paint rooms and help wifey pick things out for them. We "fight" (so to speak) alot but finally agree!

re: Drawing or Painting - I have done quite a few computer drawings using the PAINT feature in microsoft accessories that comes with just about every computer that I know of. If you'd like to see some opf them e-mail me at: transfersbytr@aol.com

What makes me a good friend - Embarrassingly to admit, I am not one to have ever had many friends of my own. When younger and in my teens I usually had just one best friend at any given time. as an adult my "friends" are my wife's friends with whom I socialize very nicely...but I refrain from gossip and hipocracy.

My "friends" are more the people like you I meet on line.

This question may be too sensitive to even be asking and difficult to honestly answer...so if you don't want to answer it ...don't...but if you are bold enough to answer, it's what I thought of to ask:

If you came across two men dying of thirst in the desert - one man WHITE and the other man BLACK and they were exactly 20 feet from each other and you were exactly in the middle holding just enough water to save one...but absolutely not enough to save both (if you tried to split the water they'd both die)...which one would you give it too?

OR: Totally ignore the above question and answer this one instead:

If you were thrust into a large restaurant kitchen and given $100 to order groceries and had to cook a meal for 20 people...what would you make?

Doggie

Post by Doggie » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:13 am

What would I cook is easy. A vegetable omelet with hollandaise sauce and fresh fruit on the side. Possibly country fried breakfast potatoes.
As far as the first question. If I was in the desert that far from help with that little amount of water it would be senseless to try to save either since they would still need assistance to get out and there wouldn't be enough water for me to assist which ever one I decided to save. Which would mean we all die. How ever if I found that one was dedicated to Papa and the other was an atheist I would give the water to the atheist and stay with my brother to the end.

If you were given the gift to understand one thing on earth completely what would it be and why? You can't choose God.
It is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me.

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:17 pm

Being loved

What is the first question you'd like to ask God when you meet Him when you die?

Doggie

Post by Doggie » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:44 pm

I'm not sure I have any question to ask Him. I'm wondering what I'll do. Will I run and hug him? Will I fall on my face and worship Him? Will I lift my hands and praise Him? Will I dance in joy to be with Him? Or just stand in wondrous awe of His majesty? What ever it is I know that my heart will be rejoicing.

When you are feeling down what type of music do you listen to?
It is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me.

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:45 pm

Sad and deep music usually.

Do you prefer old fashioned hymns or modern Christian music?

tr8theta

Post by tr8theta » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:30 pm

Wow Doggie that was such a great answer to my "desert" dilemma question. I had to re-read your answer a second time because the first time I thought you said you'd give the water to the papa follower but I see you would choose the atheist. Very interesting. Well I did suggest that we answer our own questions that we pose so if faced with the desert dilemma I would just drink the water myself and say "the hell with you guys!"
(JUST KIDDING) I'd have to give them each half because even tho they would both die I'd at least quench each one's thirst a bit...and not give one or the other the impression that I was a racist...and just leave the rest in Gods hands.

re: What would you cook - that omelette and potatoes sounds yummy.
I would make a delicious pasta with several meat choices on the side and a side salad and jello for dessert.

RE- Are you good at listening or not?
Yes I'm a good listener. I learned that being one is meaningful to people and I like to be listened to as well.

RE:If you were given the gift to understand one thing on earth completely what would it be and why? You can't choose God. Probably not the greatest choice but I'd love to be able to understand and talk to my pets.

RE: What is the first question you'd like to ask God when you meet Him when you die?
Why did you take so long to take me? LOL
Nah, I'd like to ask Him if there are indeed other intelligent life forms on other planets and if so how do they compare to us humans and if He says "No" there are only Humans on Earth then I'd want to ask Him "Then why is the Universe so unfathomly vast and wondrous...what is it's purpose?"

RE: When you are feeling down what type of music do you listen to?
When I am down...I don't feel like listening to any music at all.

Do you prefer old fashioned hymns or modern Christian music?
I like Gospel music especially the kind with choirs that really get into it. Not a fan of hymns and am not that familiar with Christian music.

Some really good questions being originated here these days. keep it up and invite others to this thread.

Do you believe wholeheartedly that there will be a second coming of Jesus Christ - and if so that HE will appear in such an obvious manner that absoluitely cannot be refuted by the worst of disbelievers?

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:49 pm

tr8theta wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:30 pm
Nah, I'd like to ask Him if there are indeed other intelligent life forms on other planets and if so how do they compare to us humans and if He says "No" there are only Humans on Earth then I'd want to ask Him "Then why is the Universe so unfathomably vast and wondrous...what is its purpose?"
This would be my answer to why the Universe is so vast even though I don't believe there are other intelligent life forms on other planets.
Psalm 19:1 The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.

Here is an article you may find interesting:
https://creation.com/did-god-create-lif ... er-planets

Return to “General Discussion ... All Non-Shack Discussions”