Welcome to The Shack Forum! Forum posting rules can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3
And an explanation of how to navigate around the forum: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=63
New members are encouraged to post here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=75

This or that?

This is a forum to talk about general issues which do not pertain to The Shack, or its story.

Moderator: Forum Admin

tr8theta

Re: This or that?

Post by tr8theta » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:16 pm

I posted this on The Litter Box thread as well: (See my question resplies below)
Hiya gals. Tom here (tr8theta)
I was away for a week with no internet access. Truly a shame that more people don't come here. Many may not even know it exists....but there is no reason we have to lose touch with each other IF indeed the forum shuts down. My e-mail address is: transfersbytr@aol.com STAY IN TOUCH
Love you
Tom

Do you like ketchup, mustard , sauteed onions or relish on your hot dog?
I like mustard and relish or ketchup and sauteed onions. Must be 100% beef frank.

Did you ever steal or shoplift anything? (if you have don't be embarrassed to admit it...I have :oops: )
When a young boy I stole dimes from a broken parking meter. I also stole comic books. As a grownup I have shoplifted from a few stores that did not hire me to work there. (Secret revenge LOL) Uh-Oh Tommy is going to hell huh?

If you find you've been given extra change in a shop, would you give it back?
Maybe I'm NOT going to hell afterall because I will ALWAYS return extra change and karma wise cashiers have given me back money I overpaid with.

Love roast pork crackling or not?
Don't know exactly what that is but I do like Roast Loin of Pork with mashed taters and sourkraut or with rice and beans Spanish style.

Have you seen any good movies lately?
I just came back from dog sitting for a week where I watched movies all day long. just too many to list.
I liked: Passengers with Jennifer Lawrence alot.

Do you find yourself sitting in the judges chair often our not?
While reading The Shack I became very much aware of my judgement of obese and/or unattractive people and I immediately adjusted myself to stop doing it. Since time has passed I have slipped up a few times but catch myself again. it's very hard to not judge others.

Keep good records or not?
Kinda used to but stopped.

Do you have neat handwriting or not?
Pretty neat except when I write really fast. I print nice.

if you became stranded on an island all by yourself...do you consider yourself a survivor or would you crawl inside a hole and wither away? What would you do to survive?

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:28 pm

It's good to have you back with us again, Tom! Your answers are interesting. I also shoplifted as an angry teenager but I haven't since then.

Because I struggle with feeling isolated, I don't think that's a situation where I would be able to survive. If I was with someone else or had a good chance of being rescued fast, I would try to find shelter, water and food.

Are you fit or not?

tr8theta

Post by tr8theta » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:36 pm

I strongly feel that I would survive or at least strive to with whatever is available hopefully to provide, shelter, food and water and protection (against aggressive animals if any?)
I am NOT fit but I think I could make it by taking my time to do what I had to do and not over-exert myself.
Yes it would be nice to not be alone stranded on an island. Did you see Castaway with Tom Hanks?

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:53 pm

I did see Castaway with Tom Hanks and I thought it was very sad. I wouldn't want to see it again because of how it ended.

Are you a fan of Tom Hanks movies?

tr8theta

Post by tr8theta » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:55 pm

Yes I have enjoyed ALL of Tom Hanks movies.
Yes it was sad that he "lost" his wife in Castaway, but if you remember he saved the one Fed-Ex box which he delivered to that ranch belonging to the pretty girl he met on the road at the end which led me to think he was going to pursue her. Do you agree?

What was your most embarrassing life moment and proudest life moment?

Doggie

Post by Doggie » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:15 pm

Okay this is still embarrassing. my most embarrassing moment was when I learned what a cherry was in slang terms. I was sitting at a table with a bunch of service men and offered my boyfriend the cherry from my milkshake. One of the other guys said "You mean her hasn't already gotten it?" Everybody was laughing and making lude comments. I left to the restroom and one of the other girls followed me. She was really kind and explained what was happening. Then she went and told my boyfriend that I wanted to leave. I later learned that she really lit into the guys for teasing me.

My proudest moment was when my oldest got his diploma for his master's and made the comment that he beat my grade point average. He'd graduated with a 4.0 and I'd only made a 3.9.
It is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me.

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:25 pm

tr8theta wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:55 pm
Yes I have enjoyed ALL of Tom Hanks movies.
Yes it was sad that he "lost" his wife in Castaway, but if you remember he saved the one Fed-Ex box which he delivered to that ranch belonging to the pretty girl he met on the road at the end which led me to think he was going to pursue her. Do you agree?
Sorry, Tom. I don't remember that part of the end of the movie.

tr8theta

Post by tr8theta » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:36 pm

That's okay...maybe you'll catch it showing on TV and you can review the ending.
BTW - how do you post (start) a new thread here on the forum?

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:41 pm

Tom, to start a new thread here: go to the "Board Index" (there are links to it at the top and bottom of each page). Click on the subcategory you want, eg. A Hug From Papa or General Discussions. Then there should be a red "New Topic" button at the top and bottom of the list of threads in that subcategory. Then you can do a new post like you would anywhere else and choose what to call the thread.

tr8theta

Post by tr8theta » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:34 pm

Thanks very much Cathy :)
I think we should also answer our own questions posed here such as this one I posed today:

What was your most embarrassing life moment and proudest life moment?
Embarrassing:
In High School I was sent to detention to the library (what for I don't remember) but while seated there I saw a very pretty girl and went up to her and said "You have very pretty legs!" (how dumb was that?) Next day while in the school auditorium for glee club rehearsal, this guy comes in picks me up and says "So you like my girlfriends legs huh?" and threw me into the chairs. next day (back in the library) the same girl comes over to me and says "I'm so sorry about what my boyfriend did to you" <which was very nice of her to do> Needless to say I never did anything stupid like that again.

Proudest
One of my most proudest is when I saw and held my adopted daughter Julianafor the very first time (at age 1 month)

Newsflash: I'm gonna be a grandpa (at age 67( this October when my son's girlfriend has her baby boy.
Wish us luck!

Return to “General Discussion ... All Non-Shack Discussions”