Welcome to The Shack Forum! Forum posting rules can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3
And an explanation of how to navigate around the forum: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=63
New members are encouraged to post here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=75

This or that?

This is a forum to talk about general issues which do not pertain to The Shack, or its story.

Moderator: Forum Admin

tr8theta

Re: This or that?

Post by tr8theta » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:46 pm

re: God's Offer
If God came to me with such an offer I would thank him for coming to me and would ask that he give his offer to somebody more in need than I.

re: Life turning out
I really had no specific expectations. All I know is that here I am...as I am...and I brought myself to this point. My life has it's share of both good and not so good things...no real complaints.

If you were driving on a lone road and came across a suitcase with no person's ID or address (nothing) and nobody around for miles (except for some cows in a nearby field LOL) upon opening it you discover $1,000,000...what would you do with it? Be totally honest!

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:26 pm

I think I would take it to the police because I couldn't live with myself if I kept it.

Do you have unfulfilled dreams or not?

Courageous

Post by Courageous » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:53 pm

I would keep it and thank God for it LOL!

Doggie

Post by Doggie » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:46 pm

The suitcase I would turn in. It is probably involved in some kind of criminal behavior and I wasn't no part of that.
I think my only dream that I wish I had done is explore Australia. Otherwise my life had really been very full and mostly rewarding. Now I'm exploring Australia through Cathy's photographs.

Do you fear physical or financial problems more?
It is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me.

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:13 pm

Thanks, Colleen. I'm glad I've helped you explore Australia more. :)

I think I fear physical problems more than financial but both trouble me.

Do you like writing or not?

tr8theta

Post by tr8theta » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:05 pm

re: the 1,000.000
I would place an ad in the paper (with no contact info of mine) stating "Money found on road on (date).
To claim place ad in same paper: state exact amount lost, where lost and what was it in? If i don't get the correct response within 30 days I'd keep it. Police may be corrupt and keep it. I'd only spend little amounts at a time. Most likely would relocate to another city.

re: fear physical or financial problems
Financial more because to not be able to pay mortgage or bills itself would make me sick.

re: writing
i don't write a whole lot other than what I do on line. i like to think that I write well when expressing my thoughts.

Have you ever met somebody famous (actor, politician, other?) and if so whom, where, what happened?

Doggie

Post by Doggie » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:42 pm

Since I grew up in a political family and went on to write some speeches for congressmen I've met several politicians including a few presidents. I think of all the presidents I met, Reagan was my favorite. He had a great sense of humor and was very perceptive and understanding. He did say though, that I could never hold his hand again.

Have you ever had you picture in the paper or been seen on tv? If yes share about it.

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:28 pm

Yes, paper and TV, and it was not good, lol! I was young, 17, and had told my boyfriend that I was staying at home that Friday night to study. In fact, I was at the local pub, where a then-popular band were playing. What I didn't know was that the local newspaper and TV crew were filming the band, and, I knew one of the band players, so when they took a break she came to talk to me, and both the newspaper and TV crew published the pictures of us chatting. Talk about being busted! :D

Are you in a happy place, right this minute, or not?
In the cracks of an earthquake, new flowers grow.

Doggie

Post by Doggie » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:58 pm

I'm always in a joyful place. Whether or not I choose to experience that joy in that place is a different story. To me happiness is kind of a nebulous thing. Happiness is a reaction to something so therefore fleeting. Joy is an inner feeling of being where you should be and contentment there. It doesn't depend on what is happening around you. I think that is why when we know that we are in close relationship with God his joy is our strength.

Have you ever written out a bucket list? If so what were/are some of the things on it?

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:25 am

I haven't written one and I don't have one in my head either.

Do you like to plan things or just let things happen?

Return to “General Discussion ... All Non-Shack Discussions”