Welcome to The Shack Forum! Forum posting rules can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3
And an explanation of how to navigate around the forum: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=63
New members are encouraged to post here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=75

discussion about the outer manifestation of the Trinity within

This is a forum to talk about general issues which do not pertain to The Shack, or its story.

Moderator: Forum Admin

ChaplainKent

discussion about the outer manifestation of the Trinity within

Post by ChaplainKent » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:43 pm

"discussion about the outer manifestation of the Trinity within" was the question that our moderator said was a good topic to discuss. First my understanding of the Trinity. All are equal to each other and all work together to do what each one does. "If you have seen me then you have seen the Father" says Jesus. Romans 1:20 "Ever since the creation of the world his eternal power and divine nature, invisible though they are, have been understood and seen through the things he has made." We live in a three dimensional world and we have a three dimensional God. If you go to the lumber yard and by 0 feet of 2 by 4s you have nothing. The Father is the Son is the Holy Spirit. The subject here is the manifestation of the Trinity within. I Corinthians 6:19 The Temple or sanctuary (NRSV) of the Holy Spirit within us. 3485 Greek Lexicon used of the temple at Jerusalem, but only of the sacred edifice (or sanctuary) itself, consisting of the Holy place and the Holy of Holies The Apostle Paul when speaking of this to an audience who would know of the temple he was speaking. The Holy of Holies in Jerusalem. All creation including our lives and being are "God substance". The outer manifestation of the Holy Spirit which either glorifies God or acts as did Lucifer and declares themselves a god unto themselves. The more I accomplish and the more the Holy Spirit works through me the more I realize that I can do nothing other than train, work, study, discern, prepare my life to be a tool for God to use and get out of the way. God could do it without us but Jesus chooses to call us sisters and brothers and since Jesus is the Father (A term of authority and not a gender description) and the Holy Spirit we become part of the manifestation of the Holy Spirit (The Trinity) in the world. Jesus sacrificed his life for us and we sacrifice our lives by submitting as servants to God's will and plan as we understand it. The problem with most Christians is they think that God's job is to glorify them and be their cosmic Genie to grant all their wishes. What many don't realize is that when you turn your back on the world and turn your life over to God you become a stranger in a hostile world. This is not my home and I am just passing through and will do all in my power to be a light that shines on the path to our home not made by human hands but eternal in the heavens. While here on earth as Isaiah spoke for God: "What does the Lord require of you but to seek justice, love mercy, and walk humble with your God." I need to be earthly minded as to how the kingdom can bring healing, wholeness, and social justice transformation to the world as I'm "just passing through". Signed Retired Army Chaplain, ordained minister, and social justice advocate.

Papalovesyou
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: discussion about the outer manifestation of the Trinity within

Post by Papalovesyou » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:36 pm

Kent,
I want to get to know you better before dipping my oar in on your response above. I will ask just one question regarding your post (for now).
The problem with most Christians is they think that God's job is to glorify them and be their cosmic Genie to grant all their wishes.
Let's jump back to Eden. Papa created us in His/Her image, and literally breathed life (Holy Spirit?) into us. And walked & talked with Adam (and Eve) in the Garden. Thus was the original relationship. So what does glory look like in that relationship? Isn't it a two way street? Remember, we are IN Christ. Is it a hierarchy thing? Does Papa demand glory from His Son? [More to unpack in 1 Cor 13, but I save that for later].

As for a cosmic Genie I may agree, but He will answer us, perhaps not in our timing or in the way we expect. He does grant the wishes of our heart IN Christ. (See how I keep repeating that?)

Blessings,
Papalovesyou
May we all come to know Papa as we are known... and see ourselves as He sees us!

Doggie

Post by Doggie » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:56 am

ChaplainKent wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:43 pm
" God could do it without us but Jesus chooses to call us sisters and brothers and since Jesus is the Father (A term of authority and not a gender description) . Signed Retired Army Chaplain, ordained minister, and social justice advocate.
How is Jesus the Father? He calls us brothers and sisters.
From my studies Father isn't a term of authority but instead of caregiver and provider.
It is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me.

Hillsage
Barely not a Newbie
Barely not a Newbie

Post by Hillsage » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:48 am

Doggie wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:56 am
ChaplainKent wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:43 pm
" God could do it without us but Jesus chooses to call us sisters and brothers and since Jesus is the Father (A term of authority and not a gender description) . Signed Retired Army Chaplain, ordained minister, and social justice advocate.
How is Jesus the Father? He calls us brothers and sisters.
From my studies Father isn't a term of authority but instead of caregiver and provider.
Hello Doggie,

This verse came to mind;

Isaiah 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government will be upon his shoulder, and his name will be called "Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."

As Chaplain K noted in his post;
Jesus is the Father (A term of authority and not a gender description)
IOW if you were to hear a loud knock on your door and someone saying "Open up in the name of the law", you certainly wouldn't look through the peephole looking for a name tag that said 'Law' on it. You would look through expecting to see a 'name' representing the character/badge and power/gun representing 'the LAW'. So, I'm just wondering :idea: if the "Father" of our authority on earth comes from the one who earned that authority first...along with the 'character' to use it, as He would see God using it. Just some thoughts to maybe kick this ball down the street. :lol:
Condemnation often disappears with understanding.

RWC

Post by RWC » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:46 am

This is a beautiful Oneness: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. When we pray Our Father...we are speaking and operating through the Trinity. As the recent Sunday School lessons have brought our attention - Ephesians... we have put on Christ. We have been raised and made to sit in heavenly places... and there are several scriptures that put us in Him. I would not refer to God as a genie; however, God is faithful. We are heirs and joint heirs with Christ. We are the seed of Atraham...and Jesus said " if we remain in Him...when we ask, believe...and we shall have it." Now, I am just coming into the knowledge of the truth of God's Word...and, I may just be at the maturity level. I started my Christian journey believing the Word of God. However, traditional religious teaching and some life trials took me on a course that did not look like "I am more than a conqueror." However, now I know and live like "I am more than a conqueror." Back to the Holy Trinity...we can see snapshots of Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. I will point out one of the most obvious...when Jesus was baptized, the Father spoke and the Spirit in the form of a dove. Hallelujah! Its a beauty that is far beyond ...our thinking. Blessings ~~Rose

Courageous

Post by Courageous » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:44 pm

Body, Mind and Soul.

Jewelia
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Post by Jewelia » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:52 am

Papalovesyou wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:36 pm

Let's jump back to Eden. Papa created us in His/Her image, and literally breathed life (Holy Spirit?) into us. And walked & talked with Adam (and Eve) in the Garden. Thus was the original relationship. So what does glory look like in that relationship? Isn't it a two way street? Remember, we are IN Christ. Is it a hierarchy thing? Does Papa demand glory from His Son? [More to unpack in 1 Cor 13, but I save that for later].
Mike, can I add something to what you wrote about the Garden of Eden. It may not necessarily pertain to what you are trying to convey to Kent, but I just wanted to add something someone once shared with me that I thought was pretty profound.

Some Christians think that when Adam and Eve sinned that sin caused a great chasm between God and man. a chasm that only Jesus Christ could bridge through his sacrifice on the cross. What this person shared with me is that sin did not separate God from man because God went looking for man after they sinned, and then provided fig leaves with which to cover themeslves because He was, always has been, and always will be in relationship with mankind. But what sin did was to blind man from being able to see that relationship with God. That may not speak to too many people but it spoke volumes to me, and correct me if I am wrong, but I think that that is one of the premises of The Shack.

Sorry if I am off topic...I give this thread back to you, Kent and others. :)

Papalovesyou
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Papalovesyou » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:30 am

Jewelia,
Somewhere I had started a post about precisely this (might still be in draft). There is a serious theological error in thinking Papa cannot look upon sin... He chased "sin" in the Garden. Any theology based on this idea supports a Papa that separated from us, when no such thing happened.

The story of the prodigal son is truly a picture of the our Prodigal Papa, running to us from a long distance, ready to cloth us in His finest. This is a picture that has been lost from early teaching from Christ, and has been twisted into the perfectionist performance message we see in modern churches. Talk about HERESY!

Blessings,
Papalovesyou
May we all come to know Papa as we are known... and see ourselves as He sees us!

Jewelia
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Post by Jewelia » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:40 am

Mike, I just finished watching episode 5 of Restoring the Shack and this subject of separation was a topic spoken by Paul Young. It sent chills down my spine because I had just gotten off the forum typing my message above, starting watching the episode, and there it was. It was as if God was honing that message all the more into my spirit and that excited me. It wasn't so much the subject matter, but what mattered was that God orchestrated it all and I really got a sense of His presence. And we know what Paul wrote...."if anything matters, it all matters." :)

Hillsage
Barely not a Newbie
Barely not a Newbie

Post by Hillsage » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:10 pm

Courageous wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:44 pm
Body, Mind and Soul.
Not trying to pick 'fly spots' out of spilled pepper' :lol: but I can't find body, mind, soul together, in one verse of the bible. What I do find is;

1TH 5:23 May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Since many define the soul as the mind/will/emotion part of a triune being, mind and soul seems to be redundant.
Condemnation often disappears with understanding.

Return to “General Discussion ... All Non-Shack Discussions”