Welcome to The Shack Forum! Forum posting rules can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3
And an explanation of how to navigate around the forum: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=63
New members are encouraged to post here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=75

The Sabbath

This is a forum to talk about general issues which do not pertain to The Shack, or its story.

Moderator: Forum Admin

Judy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: The Sabbath

Post by Judy » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:39 pm

Sunday is the first day of the week and it belongs to the Lord. Saturday is the 7th day of rest

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:40 am

Agreed!
In the cracks of an earthquake, new flowers grow.

Doggie

Post by Doggie » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:40 am

Judy wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:39 pm
Sunday is the first day of the week and it belongs to the Lord. Saturday is the 7th day of rest
Sunday belonging to the Lord is not Biblical. It is a tradition, I have nothing against tradition as long as it recognised as tradition of man.
The Sabbath is the day of rest and is to be kept holy. But all of that is under the law. We have been set free from the law.

My personal belief is that if we are living in relationship with God, every day belongs to Him, and in Him we get our rest. I know for me when I go off on my own I get stuck in business that looks like I'm doing God's work but really mostly my pride that is when I find a lack of rest.
It is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me.

PastorCarl
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Post by PastorCarl » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:56 am

Doggie wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:40 am
Judy wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:39 pm
Sunday belonging to the Lord is not Biblical. It is a tradition, I have nothing against tradition as long as it recognised as tradition of man.
The Sabbath is the day of rest and is to be kept holy. But all of that is under the law. We have been set free from the law.

My personal belief is that if we are living in relationship with God, every day belongs to Him, and in Him we get our rest. I know for me when I go off on my own I get stuck in business that looks like I'm doing God's work but really mostly my pride that is when I find a lack of rest.
In Mark 2:27 Jesus said, "The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath." The Sabbath was made so that we could rest from our labors, to charge our physical, mental, and spiritual selves.

Paul also said, "Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day." (Colossians 2:16) What is important is that we take as much time as we can to have a time of intimacy with Papa. It doesn't matter when, in my opinion. He desires us to fellowship with him in an ongoing, daily basis.
"You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed." Psalms 139:16

Papalovesyou
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Papalovesyou » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:26 pm

Quick response - every day belongs to the Lord, and He is within, so this is all kind of moot point. Oh, and He can be our Sabbath from the frenetic pace of today's world.

Blessings,
Mike
May we all come to know Papa as we are known... and see ourselves as He sees us!

teresaandrea

Post by teresaandrea » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:57 pm

The truth is Papa wants us to spend time with Him and to refresh ourselves at His feet, and that is what is important to remember.

PastorCarl
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Post by PastorCarl » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:37 pm

That is why both Jesus and Paul made the radical statements they made concerning the Sabbath. Jesus is our Sabbath rest. We place ourselves entirely into his care and allow him to live his life in and through us. We aren't to have just one day resting in Papa, but everyday we live in him.
"You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed." Psalms 139:16

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:42 am

I have no idea Judy, I stopped the conversation.
In the cracks of an earthquake, new flowers grow.

Judy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Judy » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:38 pm

Saturday is the Sabbath or 7th day of the week, a day of rest. Keep it holy and stay out of trouble. Sunday is the Lord's day as it is the first day and the Lord gets the first fruits.

Doggie

Post by Doggie » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:45 pm

I like that idea Judy.
It is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me.

Return to “General Discussion ... All Non-Shack Discussions”