Welcome to The Shack Forum! Forum posting rules can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3
And an explanation of how to navigate around the forum: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=63
New members are encouraged to post here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=75

New, but Old and moving in

This is a forum to talk about general issues which do not pertain to The Shack, or its story.

Moderator: Forum Admin

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: New, but Old and moving in

Post by Cathy » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:34 pm

Teresa, I'm so glad you came back to the forum and gave us your news! It does sound like you've been really busy. I hope your son has been helping around the house. How is your hand/wrist now?

Doggie

Post by Doggie » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:50 pm

Teresa,
It is so wonderful to see you back.
You have been in my thoughts and prayers.
I'm glad things are calming down a little. Be sure you take care of you through all of this.
It is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me.

teresaandrea

Post by teresaandrea » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:53 am

Hello All, especially Tom,
Tom, I thin I read somewhere you were from NJ, that is where I originally came from, I am now relocated to Maryland as my husband got a new job in D.C.
Thanks for all the thoughts and questions. My wrist is doing better, the surgery removed most of the pain, but unfortunately has not given me back much sensation, the dr. said it could take up to a year, but I am not feeling any progress at all
However I am coping and learning to live with it. My summer cold is finally on it's way out, it seemed to take forever to get rid of it.
Hard to believe, but Nicholas had his first day in kindergarten, I remember when he was born, and now he is going to school full time, all day long, he has gotten to be such a big kid now. He is still adjusting to his dad's move back into my house and sometimes you can see where he is jealous of the other kids. Masaya is 2, and Zakaray is 8 months old, crawling and trying to walk, he also thinks he is as old as Nicholas and wants to do everything the other kids do, including climbing my stairs.
take care everyone...

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:51 am

((((((((((((((((((Teresa))))))))))))))))) I'm glad most of the pain has gone from your wrist but I'm sorry you still don't have much sensation. I pray it comes back still. I pray your cold goes away too. Those kids are growing up. I remember when Nicholas was born too. You take care too.

Doggie

Post by Doggie » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:03 pm

Wow!!
Hard to believe Nicholas offs old enough for kindergarten.
The sensation, if I remember, takes awhile to even start coming back, but once it starts it returns rather quickly. For me it was kind of uncomfortable for awhile.

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:10 pm

Wow, school already!! They grow up far too quickly!! Sorry to hear that your sensation hasn't come back yet, but praying that it will!!
In the cracks of an earthquake, new flowers grow.

teresaandrea

Post by teresaandrea » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:26 am

Hi all,
Nicholas had his first homework, kindergarten is much different ow than it was even ten years ago when I was subbing. You should see the list of sight words they need to know, besides the other words they need to read, it's more like first grade than Kindergarten. Please keep him in prayer.

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:19 pm

It sounds like they expect a lot of kindergarten kids these days and I pray Nicholas copes well and learns a lot.

How are you doing?

Doggie

Post by Doggie » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:31 pm

I know that when I was teaching first grade, if they came into first grade with a reading level under 4 which includes the first 50 sight words they were placed in the "needs help" reading group.

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:37 pm

Schooling nowadays is way different from when we were at school!!
In the cracks of an earthquake, new flowers grow.

Return to “General Discussion ... All Non-Shack Discussions”