Welcome to The Shack Forum! Forum posting rules can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3
And an explanation of how to navigate around the forum: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=63
New members are encouraged to post here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=75

New, but Old and moving in

This is a forum to talk about general issues which do not pertain to The Shack, or its story.

Moderator: Forum Admin

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: New, but Old and moving in

Post by Cathy » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:39 pm

Peni, I thought that too before Teresa explained, LOL.

teresaandrea

Post by teresaandrea » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:05 pm

Hi all,
Starting to do better. Had my last visit with my surgeon for my arm and hand. He said it could take up to a year for the full feeling to come back in my arm. At least the pain is gone. and my hand is more mobile.
Now, to catch up with housework, slowly. My refrigerator is slowly dying, the freezer part is no longer cold enough to keep foods frozen. We are suppose to go out tonight and check them out at Sears, todays I am going to try to clean the top and all of the refrigerator. Everywhere I have ever gone I get magnets, and my friends bring me magnets too, so I have a lot to get off of the frige, plus all the pictures that have been drawn to me and the photos.....it will be a bit of work. Please pray we can find a good replacement.

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:20 pm

Hi Teresa, I'm so glad that the pain is gone and your hand is more mobile! I pray your feeling comes back sooner and that you don't have further trouble. I pray you can find a good replacement fridge/freezer and it's not too much work to clean up the old one. It's good to hear your news. Love, Cathy

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:26 pm

I'm very happy to hear that your pain has gone Teresa, that's just wonderful! I know it's a pain getting the magnets off the freezer, as the entire front of mine is covered in magnets too, lol. But it will be nice to have a nice, clean, shiny new fridge!
In the cracks of an earthquake, new flowers grow.

Doggie

Post by Doggie » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:40 am

I'm so happy that your pain in your arm and hand is gone.
My husband made me a magnet board when we got the new refrigerator last year. He said no more magnets on the refrigerator. When you look for refrigerators look at the French style with the slide out freezer in the bottom and double doors on the refrigerator part. We are loving ours. You can make large deli trays and keep them in the refrigerator into your ready to serve them.
It is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me.

teresaandrea

Post by teresaandrea » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:48 pm

Hi all,
Well I got a new refrigerator with a top freezer. We went out to Sears, but the model we really like wasn't available. It was on back order and they had no idea when it would come in. So , we checked out several other stores with no luck. Then we went home, and my husband went on the computer. We found the model we liked, on line from Home Depot, even more inexpensive than Sears. Had to wait a couple days for delivery, but we managed with our coolers and ice. It is now all set up and looking so good.
Colleen, what's a magnet board? It is something I would really be interested in as I would like to really keep this refrigerator a little less cluttered!
Praying for you all, loving you...

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:51 pm

Hi Teresa. I'm so glad you got a new fridge/freezer! I'm glad you found it cheaper too. I keep my nicest fridge magnets (mostly scenery ones from holidays) on my metal filing cabinet in my bedroom. The more official ones are on the fridge. Love and hugs, Cathy

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:59 pm

Enjoy your new fridge!
In the cracks of an earthquake, new flowers grow.

Doggie

Post by Doggie » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:41 am

A magnet board is like cork board only it's a framed piece of painted metal (mine is stainless to match my appliances). They come in different sizes. Good for leaving messages on with the magnets also great for letting grandkids use with those magnetic letters.

It's great you got your new refrigerator even cheaper than you had expected.
It is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me.

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:41 pm

((((((((((((((((((Teresa)))))))))))))))))

Return to “General Discussion ... All Non-Shack Discussions”