Welcome to The Shack Forum! Forum posting rules can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3
And an explanation of how to navigate around the forum: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=63
New members are encouraged to post here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=75

Insights invited

Questions and Conversation about Chapter 11

Moderator: Forum Admin

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Insights invited

Post by Cathy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:12 pm

OneSheep, I think I can see where you're coming from but the Bible says that eating of the tree was sin rather than a part of our own growth. Of course we can repent and turn back to God after we sin but that's different from not sinning in the first place.

Papalovesyou
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Insights invited

Post by Papalovesyou » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:00 pm

Onesheep,
I was trying to make the point that mankind chose separation in Eden. Eve & Adam chose to NOT trust Papa and chose to become "like God" by eating of the Tree of Good and Evil. This was choosing to step outside the bounds of trust and Love.

The immediate response to that was fear (through the knowledge that they had done wrong). They ran and hid. Shame and fear entered Eden. God in His mercy made sure they didn't stay in that state for eternity. As a result, pre-cross, fear stained glasses distorted our view of a loving God.

Post-cross the possibility of us removing those distorting glasses has been opened due to being able to replace them through the eyes of Love. Of course, we can choose to keep the fear stained glasses on or seek the Loving relationship that allows us to remove them.

Unfortunately, many modern "Christian" churches preach perfectionist performance and sin management, rather than the power of Love and the Great Dance (with the Trinity).

Blessings,
[PLY]
May we all come to know Papa as we are known... and see ourselves as He sees us!

Return to “Chapter 11 - Here Come Da Judge”