Welcome to The Shack Forum! Forum posting rules can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3
And an explanation of how to navigate around the forum: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=63
New members are encouraged to post here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=75

Created to be love

Questions and Conversation about Chapter 6

Moderator: Forum Admin

Doggie

Created to be love

Post by Doggie » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:32 am

Papa talks about being created to be loved.

We were created in God's image. God is love. Therefore we are created as love. The fall messed up the perfection of love but we continue to search it out. Most advertisements are insinuating that using the product will make others love us or make us better, therefore more desirable.

As we open ourselves up more to a relationship with the pure love of God we become closer to what we were created to be.

An interesting side note here. The Christian faith grew and spread quickly the first hundred years, not because of organisation but because of of the love of the followers. As it became more organised with more rules and "leaders" its growth slowed down. It became more tradition and expectations with less love. Sound familiar? Kind of like the Pharisees.
It is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me.

AnaFigueira
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Re: Created to be love

Post by AnaFigueira » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:11 am

The Christian Faith first was shared by Paul and the other apostles but also by slaves working together, women doing laundry together by the river... it was riduculed as a "slave" religion because it attracted those on the margins of society... Later it was made the state religion having buildings to maintain, professionals to feed, power to wield - not the best time for "the way" as it was originally called.
I used to be a Minister and am still thankful for the training in the anicent languages, church history, other religions, philosophy as it helps me to "build an opinion", not being swayed by so called new things (as I have seen variations of them all) - but I am also glad I no longer have to care for buildings, be an event manager trying to keep audiences happy... I get to love the people God puts in my way, I am a lot more relaxed and open for people - more authentic someone said as I no longer have the "Pastor" role to play - I get to be a sheep of the perfect shepherd (which is what pastor means) and no longer have to bark at the others trying to be an assistant shepherd....
I really like the way they put that "created to fly" and "flying lesson" in the movie - may each bird we see remind us uf Father's love for us and may be those who encourage others to fly instead of those clipping others wings to be able to control them...
A "three-in-one" dandelion... Shackesque

Cathy

Post by Cathy » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:17 pm

Thanks for sharing, Colleen and Ana. Interesting!

Doggie

Post by Doggie » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:57 pm

I just read an interesting idea.
If the Holy Spirit was taken away from the church today 95% of the activity would continue and few would notice the difference, while without the Holy Spirit in the start of the church 95% of activity would not have happened and out would have died.
Without the Spirit we are unable to truly love as God created us to love. Maybe we need to take a new look at our relationship with the complete trinity.
It is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me.

tr8theta
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Post by tr8theta » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:02 pm

I LOVE ALL THREE OF THEM :)

Return to “Chapter 6 - A Piece of Pi”