Welcome to The Shack Forum! Forum posting rules can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3
And an explanation of how to navigate around the forum: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=63
New members are encouraged to post here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=75

YOU are Welcome here - Please Don't Be Shy to Post

This forum discusses various elements of the story of The Shack. For conversations on specific chapters, please visit the Chapter-by-Chapter forums. Theological questions and non-story posts about The Shack should be made elsewhere on the site.

Moderator: Forum Admin

Cathy

Re: YOU are Welcome here - Please Don't Be Shy to Post

Post by Cathy » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:15 pm

I'm sorry you are still struggling with things but I think it's understandable. A lot of the people on this forum have been through some kind of trauma and I can relate. I pray that you find encouragement and the help you need. I agree that current world news is distressing.

Doggie

Post by Doggie » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:17 am

Riverrebel, I have had to learn leave the things I have no control over in God's capable hands, and focus on what I do have a little control over, myself.
The more time I spend with my best friend, Jesus. The less the bad news effects me. There is a scripture somewhere that tells us to focus on that which is good and pure. Most of us focus on the things we perceive as bad.
It is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me.

Arus
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Arus » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:24 pm

Hey Riverrebel, I remember you! How good to see you again! I'm sorry to see that you are still battling though. Colleen (Doggie) is spot on - let Papa handle what you can't.
In the cracks of an earthquake, new flowers grow.

Return to “General Comments About the Story of The Shack”