Welcome to The Shack Forum! Forum posting rules can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3
And an explanation of how to navigate around the forum: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=63
New members are encouraged to post here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=75

Resources to better Understand "The Shack's" Message and Common Criticisms

If you have questions about The Shack, especially in regard to issues that might trouble you about the story, then please post in here. Theological questions in regard to the movie/book's Christian themes should go here.

Moderator: Forum Admin

Papalovesyou
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Resources to better Understand "The Shack's" Message and Common Criticisms

Post by Papalovesyou » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:05 pm

Hillsage wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:16 am
Thanks for the URL. I'm on session 4 tomorrow. So will a new 'denomination' be required to have a fellowship which will actually embrace such a sweeping theological change, as the video series speaks of? Paul seemed pretty convinced in session one that this was God's initiation of a new move of God in the orthodox church. But I know personally how fearful "stiff necked" orthodoxy can be toward change. Since the URL series was 2 years ago I'm curious as to what's happened since? I know I live in the sticks, but is something going on that I don't know about in other places? Or was Paul, even two years ago, really anticipating the movie would be the spark to really get a fire going?
I think God continues to work in the hearts and minds of those touched by The Shack phenomenon. Paul was only tangentially involved in the movie, it was shepherded through the Hollywood machine by a co-author, Brad Cummings.

I think it wonderful that a book about the Trinity was written by three... there is symmetry but also a wonderful coincidence, and the fingerprints of Papa all over this are because of the love of the Three working through the three. Of course He doesn't need us, but He chooses to partner WITH us. And THAT is the real message of The Shack - relationship with the Triune God.

Blessings,
Papalovesyou
May we all come to know Papa as we are known... and see ourselves as He sees us!

Okayred

Evil vs. Independence

Post by Okayred » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:57 pm

I just wanted to thank you for all your hard work and dedication to get your book published and your movie produced. I really appreciated reading some of the major themes in The Shack. I especially appreciated the call for unity and relationship. I certainly was touched by your book. Unfortunately I had a really hard time with the "evil doesn't really exist" aspect, since there is a plethora of scripture supporting the existence of both evil and the fallen angel, Satan (47 ESV references) or the devil (34 ESV references). Please help me to understand whether this was a fictional deviation in the book, or if this is a new theological concept.

Thanks again for touching so many people who may never have had a chance to hear about God.
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

oakmanii

Re: Resources to better Understand "The Shack's" Message and Common Criticisms

Post by oakmanii » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:57 pm

If you search on Amazon for 'Shack study guide' you will find some options, and a close reading of the description should tell you which ones are favorable.

Return to “"Yeah, but what about?!" ... The Theology of The Shack”