Welcome to The Shack Forum! Forum posting rules can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3
And an explanation of how to navigate around the forum: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=63
New members are encouraged to post here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=75

My Homily

This forum is for general discussions that directly relate to The Shack, but are not theological questions, story plots, or about implementing the message.

Moderator: Forum Admin

Klatuso

My Homily

Post by Klatuso » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:17 am

Hello, I am new so allow me to introduce myself. I am a Catholic priest and do not participate on forums so forgive my inexperience. I just want to say that, having read the book: The Shack, I was so moved by the portrayal of the Holy Trinity as such a loving family and so humanely approachable that I had to preach about it on the Solemnity of the Most Blessed Trinity. Which was today. So I give a link to my homily below. I don't want to offend any of my Christian brothers and sisters, or anyone. I only share this as my personal response to reading such a wonderful book. If I offend any, I apologize. If I help any relate to our Blessed Trinity of Father Son and Holy Spirit, I wish you well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQX9Njq3qHo

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: My Homily

Post by Cathy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:21 pm

Hi Klatuso, welcome to the forum. I don't have time to listen to the link right now but I may at a later time.

Arus
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Arus » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:21 pm

Hello Klatuso, welcome to the forum. I thoroughly enjoyed your sermon, thank you for sharing it! I especially liked the humour you put into it too.

I must admit, I never really "got" the Holy Trinity properly until I read this book :)
In the cracks of an earthquake, new flowers grow.

Doggie

Post by Doggie » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:56 am

Howdy Klatuso,
Thank you for posting your link. I enjoyed a couple of your sermons. I bookmarked it and well be visiting and listening to more.
It is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me.

Courageous

Post by Courageous » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:42 pm

I can summarily describe my understanding of "All in One" as, "thinking out of the 'box' < limitations imposed by our dependence on the minute fraction of our brain that we are able to put to use.

All my life I've dealt with academia and brilliant minds. To keep a long story short... it's the truly smart ones that "get it". I could quote some great minds here but I don't feel like searching.

Papa says you come to me as a child... I run there. It is the only Truth and Hope in mankind that I have. I have lived a life full of miracles, so I don't run blindly.

Judy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Judy » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:19 pm

Hi, Klatuso. Welcome to the forum.

Return to “What Folks Are Saying About THE SHACK ... General Discussions”