Welcome to The Shack Forum! Forum posting rules can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3
And an explanation of how to navigate around the forum: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=63
New members are encouraged to post here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=75

Limits, Peaks and Valleys

This forum is for general discussions that directly relate to The Shack, but are not theological questions, story plots, or about implementing the message.

Moderator: Forum Admin

steves

Limits, Peaks and Valleys

Post by steves » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:08 am

I enjoyed reading The Shack. It was interesting to go through the story the same time as my church was studying the Established series (how to become sure in our faith and share what we believe). I enjoy the Pacific NW and have visited this region of our country several times and am always entertained by its magic and topics that hit close to home.

There were three main issues that spoke to me. One is having limits - no need to be the expert on everything, just go with the flow and meet people where they are. It has been life changing and I enjoy the transformation! Second are Peaks - the time with the Trinity, the beautiful forest and mountains in Spring, usually the time of the year my wife and I come to the Northwest. The talks with Jesus and the reconciliation of Mack with his father. Third - the valley - always encountered after the peaks. Returning home to face difficult situations and challenges - wishing you could stay on the peak. I felt emotional when Papa appeared as a man on the hike to Missy's grave. I knew where they were going, the pain Mack would feel and what the red arcs represented. In my life the peaks always are followed by valleys.

The ending - that is when the book made sense. I understood what happened to Mack, the reason for his experience and the choice to stay or return to life. Tough choice, but best decision to be made.

I do have some theological questions, yes God is love and he cares for us all (really brought home to me in the book as never before) but God is just and cannot tolerate evil or sin. However, Christ is our bridge. Great book! Glad I read it and would like to see the movie.

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Limits, Peaks and Valleys

Post by Cathy » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:57 pm

Welcome to the forum, Steves.

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:49 pm

Hi Steve, welcome to the forum!
In the cracks of an earthquake, new flowers grow.

Doggie

Post by Doggie » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:07 am

Howdy Steves,
The movie is worth seeing.
Thank you for sharing.
It is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me.

steves

Post by steves » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:21 am

Thanks! Looking forward to reading the thoughts of others regarding the book!

Doggie

Post by Doggie » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:36 am

One thing that I've looked into about God not able to tolerate sin, God is God, he can do anything. He chooses not to tolerate sin because sin harms the perfection of his creation. He is a loving God and wants what is best for us, that does not include sin.
This is just my opinion.
It is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me.

Return to “What Folks Are Saying About THE SHACK ... General Discussions”