Welcome to The Shack Forum! Forum posting rules can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3
And an explanation of how to navigate around the forum: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=63
New members are encouraged to post here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=75

TBN SUNDAY NIGHT - RESTORING THE SHACK

This forum is for general discussions that directly relate to The Shack, but are not theological questions, story plots, or about implementing the message.

Moderator: Forum Admin

PastorCarl
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Re: TBN SUNDAY NIGHT - RESTORING THE SHACK

Post by PastorCarl » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:59 pm

So glad you enjoyed "Restoring the Shack", Jewelia. I also thought it was well done.
"You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed." Psalms 139:16

Papalovesyou
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Papalovesyou » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:37 pm

My biggest issue with "Restoring the Shack" is the revisionist history of how the book came into being. Paul continues to state that the book was basically the same as his first manuscript that got photocopied. Two other authors (Wayne and Brad) had significant input (re-writes), and Paul acknowledged that in the Acknowledgements of the first printing. Later printings no longer have that information. This focus on himself takes away from his testimony. IT simply isn't true! A miracle was created by three MEN about the TRINITY. Why does one man take all the credit?

I understand the need to be heard. Paul has garnered more money and fame through the other books he has written, of which the Shack was a springboard (personally I didn't find them as impactful as the Shack). I get we all are on a journey, I just hope Paul can be more truthful in his representation of the facts.

Also, it was Brad who shepherded the movie from script stage to production. I haven't seen Paul give ANY public acknowledgement to Brad regarding the movie.

Saddened,
Papalovesyou
May we all come to know Papa as we are known... and see ourselves as He sees us!

Doggie

Post by Doggie » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:42 pm

It is saddening to see Paul lose sight of the importance of relationships, even here on the physical temporal plane, after co-authoring such a strong book about the importance of relationship.
It is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me.

Jewelia
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Post by Jewelia » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:26 am

Not sure if this is topic related, but I was listening to a podcast which involved Wayne Jacobsen. In the podcast he expressed concerns that Paul has embraced universalism which is evidenced in his latest book, "Lies we Believe about God."

Papalovesyou
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Papalovesyou » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:48 am

Jewelia wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:26 am
Not sure if this is topic related, but I was listening to a podcast which involved Wayne Jacobsen. In the podcast he expressed concerns that Paul has embraced universalism which is evidenced in his latest book, "Lies we Believe about God."
I know they (Wayne & Brad) specifically worked to take that out of The Shack! I have not finished "Lies" yet, so can't say for sure. At the moment I think I am what is termed a "hopeful universalist", meaning all have the opportunity for eternal life, but it's a choice we must make.

Blessing,
[m]
May we all come to know Papa as we are known... and see ourselves as He sees us!

Courageous

Post by Courageous » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:49 pm

We will never be judge... not our job. We only rejoice in ANY heart convicted and repentent. We will not be god. Our only call is to let Him Love us.

Courageous

Post by Courageous » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:53 pm

That said...In my more mature years...I believe, in retrospect, knowing how to let Papa Love me, is my greatest , daily challenge. I AM the one he created. Knowing His Love is everything.

Papalovesyou
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Papalovesyou » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 pm

Courageous wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:49 pm
We will never be judge... not our job. We only rejoice in ANY heart convicted and repentent. We will not be god. Our only call is to let Him Love us.
I think it is ok to draw clarity about the genesis of the book, its authors, and its message (it is, after all, what the forum is for).

As to being a judge, I don't even know what that means to me anymore. I no longer hold myself responsible for another human's relationship with Papa. I have no vested interest in the outcome of an exchange, although I may have hopes that hearts are open to be loved by Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. I am fully aware that may not be the outcome and hold no "judgement" if it does not. I refuse to use Biblical verses as weapons to sling at those that may not agree with me. I leave "conviction" up to the Holy Spirit.

Blessings,
[m]

Papalovesyou
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Papalovesyou » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:07 pm

Courageous wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:53 pm
That said...In my more mature years...I believe, in retrospect, knowing how to let Papa Love me, is my greatest , daily challenge. I AM the one he created. Knowing His Love is everything.
I'd amp this up to seeing the reality of what the Trinity has already done, and where They reside, and having that illuminated in my life. Living in the Great Dance is what we were created for, and yet many of us are wandering lost in darkness, blind to the truth about our heavenly heritage.

By longing is that I can see the Trinity for where and who they are, and that this would destroy my fear and allow me to live loved and loving!

Blessings,
[m]

Courageous

Post by Courageous » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:18 pm

This universalism is such a complex mystery ey? I wasn't addressing you personally as being any judge... I was addressing the whole mystery of sanctification, reconciliation (if those are the correct words... oh goodness out will come all the biblical scholars lol).

I have such a child like understanding of some things. An understanding that is unmovable and unshakeable. Much of my understanding has been gleaned from experiencing His Hands around me, the amazing miracles and joy.

Attempting to solve this mystery is way out of my league... and frankly it is one of those aspects of knowing Him that will remain a mystery...and that's okay. It creeps me out to think that I might bump into a few in that heavenly place (people that made very bad and hurtful choices here in this world). I know Jesus said to the thief on the cross that he would be in Heaven...that's an easy one. What about the evil that mames, starves, abuses another...that's not so easy.

Return to “What Folks Are Saying About THE SHACK ... General Discussions”