Welcome to The Shack Forum! Forum posting rules can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3
And an explanation of how to navigate around the forum: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=63
New members are encouraged to post here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=75

Good evening........

If you are a new member, and plan on sticking around here for a while, introduce yourself! Tell us a bit about yourself! (We get LOTS of new people, so please understand if no one replies right away.)
thickmike

Good evening........

Post by thickmike » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:01 am

.......... from middle England and first of all congratulations on getting the film launched. I am so looking forward to seeing it (and this from someone who really doesn't do movies) - I just wonder whether there are enough tissues in the world. Having just reread the book for the umpteenth time I continue to be hugely grateful for your wisdom and insight. It didn't ought to be difficult to explain the love of God but sometimes it is and the book is a reference and resource for those conversations that is beyond value.

Beyond the simple thank you's it's hard to know where to start - I don't have great theological knowledge but I honestly believe that when the Holy Three look at us and the impact the book has, they will approve. This world has a long way to go - your book makes navigating that path more understandable. Although my life has not been like Paul's, or Mac's, like most of us I've had my share of (mostly self-induced) challenges. I now understand better what happened, why I did what I did and what I should do now. Every day I wake up and know that I am loved and forgiven by the Creator - that's not a bad way to start the day and beats coffee.

Bless you

Mike

Jewelia
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Re: Good evening........

Post by Jewelia » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:45 am

Hello Mike..howdy from the great white north. I am in Canada....which explains the great white north; especially this time of year. (lol)

You, like so many of us, have fallen in love with the book, and now the movie. I am so glad you posted a message that is honest and real. I can see how the book has impacted your life in such positive ways. I think it is really neat that you don't have a great theological background, I truly believe this is why you got so much out of the book and your ability to see how it applies to aspects of your life...past, present and future.

Knowing you are loved and are ESPECIALLY fond of Papa is the greatest feeling in the world. That and coffee, make for great mornings for me.

I hope you come back for another visit, because you are more than WELCOME here.

Blessings to you too.

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:18 am

Hi again Mike! To wake up every morning with that feeling in your heart, is truly the best gift of all!
In the cracks of an earthquake, new flowers grow.

Courageous

Post by Courageous » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:35 pm

Arus wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:18 am
...........To wake up every morning with that feeling in your heart, is truly the best gift of all!
No better way to start the day. Funny how I was raised to "say your prayers" at night...I raised my son to pray with me in the mornings. Now I understand my very breath is a prayer so I guess me and Papa got the clock covered on this one.

*Waves to Mike*

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:48 pm

You certainly do Cyndi!

Doggie

Post by Doggie » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:37 pm

I remember when I was teaching Sunday School one of kids asked me how many times a day we should pray. My answer was simple. Once. Then I explained that since Good is constantly with us we shouldn't be ignoring our best friend, so we talk to Him from waking up until we fall asleep.
It is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me.

Jewelia
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Post by Jewelia » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:10 am

Doggie wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:37 pm
I remember when I was teaching Sunday School one of kids asked me how many times a day we should pray. My answer was simple. Once. Then I explained that since Good is constantly with us we shouldn't be ignoring our best friend, so we talk to Him from waking up until we fall asleep.
So true Doggie. One scene that I loved in the musical, "The Fiddler on the Roof," is when Tevye was walking his cow on the road and he was talking to God as though God was walking right along with him. That is the kind of relationship I want with Papa God.

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:27 am

Doggie wrote:
so we talk to Him from waking up until we fall asleep.
Sometimes I imagine Him heaving a sigh and asking me to stop talking for a little while, LOL!

Courageous

Post by Courageous » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:56 pm

Arus wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:27 am
Doggie wrote:
so we talk to Him from waking up until we fall asleep.
Sometimes I imagine Him heaving a sigh and asking me to stop talking for a little while, LOL!
LOL!!

Judy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Judy » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:15 pm

Some days I feel Papa is right beside me shaking his head. Other days I know He has my back. I'm so glad He loves me. Especially when I don't deserve it.

Return to “Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (New Members)”