Welcome to The Shack Forum! Forum posting rules can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3
And an explanation of how to navigate around the forum: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=63
New members are encouraged to post here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=75

Members saying Hello

If you are a new member, and plan on sticking around here for a while, introduce yourself! Tell us a bit about yourself! (We get LOTS of new people, so please understand if no one replies right away.)
Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: *Waves* madly... Happy To Be Back!

Post by Arus » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:03 pm

She doesn't stick around long enough to talk to!
In the cracks of an earthquake, new flowers grow.

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: *Waves* madly... Happy To Be Back!

Post by Cathy » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:09 pm

True.

livasheli
Barely not a Newbie
Barely not a Newbie

Re: So Good to be back and see you all again. Papa

Post by livasheli » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:17 am

Hi Arus and everyone. Seems like I am walking into the room and hugging each of you with a big smile and sigh of relief. It has been 6 years or so since I was on the site. Saw the movie last night, just so stunned at the judge scene, again. Gets me every time. So utterly amazing His grace. Arus, I know He is especially fond of you.
So grateful to be back!

PastorCarl
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Post by PastorCarl » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:15 am

Arus wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:56 am
He's the bad one! He wants me to eat my pets!
OH...I see how you are. It's OK for you to eat everyone else's pets but not your own! :lol:
"You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed." Psalms 139:16

PastorCarl
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Post by PastorCarl » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:17 am

livasheli wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:17 am
Hi Arus and everyone. Seems like I am walking into the room and hugging each of you with a big smile and sigh of relief. It has been 6 years or so since I was on the site. Saw the movie last night, just so stunned at the judge scene, again. Gets me every time. So utterly amazing His grace. Arus, I know He is especially fond of you.
So grateful to be back!
Hi t here livasheli. It's been about 3 or 4 years for me since I was last here. I was here under another name - Son of Adam. It is like going away on a trip and you finally arrive home to find family and friends waiting for you.
"You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed." Psalms 139:16

livasheli
Barely not a Newbie
Barely not a Newbie

Post by livasheli » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:20 am

Yes it is just like that! Please keep me in your prayers, at my church we are considering starting a youth study group and using the book.

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:15 am

livasheli wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:17 am
Hi Arus and everyone. Seems like I am walking into the room and hugging each of you with a big smile and sigh of relief.
Hi there!!! It's good to see you again! And how awesome that you want to use The Shack for a study group! I know there is a Shack study group book available. What fun!

teresaandrea

Post by teresaandrea » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:37 pm

So glad to hear from yo RiveRebel, so nice to see so many people coming back! Waves

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Greetings from South Africa

Post by Arus » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:33 pm

Isn't is just amazing how Papa can take a horrible day, and turn it around, just like that! You all know that I get my monthly meds from our local state hospital. It used to be awful, and would take a good 4 to 5 hours, but a few months ago I went onto the chronic medication deal, where you just go in to the clinic, hand over your card and they give you your meds. Much better!

But yours truly, forgot to go! I have no idea how it happened, but I simply forgot to go, and ended up yesterday having no meds at all. So I had no choice but to go to the main hospital today. I got there at 10:30, and walked out at 3:30! With no-one to blame but myself, lol.

But that's where Papa stepped in. When I first got there I sat down next to an elderly lady. We got chatting and ended up talking about books. I asked her if she had read The Shack, and her head spun around so fast that I was scared she would hurt her neck, lol! She said that she was watching the 700 Club yesterday, and they were talking about the movie. She did some research about it after the show, because she wanted to buy the book. She got a bit scared seeing all the negative reviews, so she said she had asked God to give her a sign that she should read it - and I come along saying how wonderful it is, LOL! She was going to buy it as soon as she was finished at the hospital :) We ended up joining hands and having a prayer for her daughter too, which was lovely.

Then, when I moved over to the pharmacy queue, I was sitting next to another old lady, and we started chatting about all kinds of things. She gave me a recipe for a very simple, 3 ingredient cheesecake, which I made this afternoon and it's delish! They left before me and her husband came over and said "thank you for talking to her, most people don't bother talking to us oldies!", which I thought was very sweet.

Thank You Papa!

Courageous

Re: Greetings from South Africa

Post by Courageous » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:05 pm

AAAaaaawwwwww! That blessing was so big it reached across the world and touched me too. Thank you for sharing that. Thank you for Loving those people the way Jesus would if He had been sitting next to them.

I'm glad you have your medications now. Have a special day! (now I'm craving cheesecake thank you very much)

Return to “Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (New Members)”