Welcome to The Shack Forum! Forum posting rules can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3
And an explanation of how to navigate around the forum: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=63
New members are encouraged to post here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=75

Members saying Hello

If you are a new member, and plan on sticking around here for a while, introduce yourself! Tell us a bit about yourself! (We get LOTS of new people, so please understand if no one replies right away.)
Riverrebel

Re: So Good to be back and see you all again. Papa

Post by Riverrebel » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:04 pm

I am a returning member. Haven't been online for a while. Excited to see the Movie! I retired from Social Work YESTERDAY and have given away several dozen copies to my clients, friends and even to strangers I've met. I am officially a SHACKAHOLIC! thought revisiting The Forum would be a good way to start my first day of semi-retirement. RIVERREBEL

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:07 pm

Welcome back Riverrebel! I agree, it's a perfect start!
In the cracks of an earthquake, new flowers grow.

Courageous

Post by Courageous » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:13 pm

Riverrebel wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:04 pm
I am a returning member. Haven't been online for a while. Excited to see the Movie! I retired from Social Work YESTERDAY and have given away several dozen copies to my clients, friends and even to strangers I've met. I am officially a SHACKAHOLIC! thought revisiting The Forum would be a good way to start my first day of semi-retirement. RIVERREBEL
Wow! Congratulations Riverrebel! Welcome back.. I look forward to getting reacquainted with many and meeting many new here.

Courageous

Re: *Waves* madly... Happy To Be Back!

Post by Courageous » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:29 pm

Arus wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:01 pm
It's not so much my memory, rather the fact that you made such a difference in my spiritual growth when I needed it the most. I was so angry and hurting and mad at the whole world, Papa included, and you and a few others set me on the right path. I will never forget that :)
Papa is so amazing. I only remember pouring my heart out on this forum.. without reservation and with a lot of courage.. WHAT I shared.. I cannot remember. Thank you for sharing that. It warms me up to know that Papa will use my experience, His strength and my Hope to bring His Light in to anothers journey.
Arus wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:55 pm
I guess you really have changed.

Changed? I don't think so really... life is hard and hard on you sometimes. Raising a child alone and trying to do it right will drain the life out of you sometimes. I dare to imagine where I would be or where my son would be today if I didn't constantly run to Papa. That empty-nest stuff just propogated the weariness. Then, of all things, I started drinking after being clean and sober for over 21 years (before and while raising my son). I am not drinking again.. but it remains a struggle for me. Hmmm.. this relapse may have a lot to do with lack of memory that I seem to have. Just thinking.

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:43 pm

Words are incredibly powerful, and can change someone's life without you even knowing it. You did pour your heart out a lot, but always with kindness and with strength. I remember you were clean and sober during my time on the forum, I'm sorry you slipped. I can't say I'm surprised though, given the fact that you were struggling back then just to survive. Life can be, and is often very, very hard!

But you stopped again, which is awesome! I know it's hard, so you have my respect.

What I remember most about that time on the forum, was myself, Jen, Gary and David being constantly chastised by the mods for misbehaving, lol! Aaah, fun times!

Courageous

Post by Courageous » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:58 pm

LOL! I had mentioned earlier, on different thread, that I had thought about reading the book again really quick...before seeing the movie... but "something" told me not to.. that it is better that I don't... the movie will never and could never be the same ... but with fresh eyes and no expectations... Is going to be best for me going in.

Same with the board here... I was tempted to ask you for the link to the old posts (though they are gone from the years I was here..) so I could just refresh my memory of all ... nah.. it is good that I start fresh... no doubt in my heart about that one. New Beginnings for sure !

What is your timezone Peni ??

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:03 pm

New beginnings are always good! It's 9pm here right now.

PastorCarl
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Post by PastorCarl » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:27 pm

Arus wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:44 pm
Do you remember Tanya? She was a mod with you back in the day.
I remember Tanya as well. Wow!!! Experience flashbacks to those years gone by. I rmember me being a mod here as well, I think!

New beginnings are always good. We often spend to much time living in the past or trying to recapture it. Paul tells us, "But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."(Philippians 3:13-14) We are to look to what God is doing now and looking forward to what he will do in and through us.
"You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed." Psalms 139:16

PastorCarl
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Post by PastorCarl » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:33 pm

Welcome backj Riverrebel. I too am a returning member after an absense of 3 or so years. Like you I am also a Shackaholic. I've read the book about 3 dozen times and have given nearly 60 copies of the books to friends, family, congregation members of my church.
"You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed." Psalms 139:16

PastorCarl
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Re: Hello World!

Post by PastorCarl » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:36 pm

Things are going great. Really busy with ministy, both in the community here and on Facebook with a Christian group where I teach from. We have over 6500 members, but helping believers learn and grow in Christ is its own reward.

Return to “Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (New Members)”