Welcome to The Shack Forum! Forum posting rules can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3
And an explanation of how to navigate around the forum: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=63
New members are encouraged to post here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=75

Members saying Hello

If you are a new member, and plan on sticking around here for a while, introduce yourself! Tell us a bit about yourself! (We get LOTS of new people, so please understand if no one replies right away.)
Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Members saying Hello

Post by Arus » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:32 pm

That was such a joy to read, thank you for sharing! And congratulations on your 180 days, well done!!
In the cracks of an earthquake, new flowers grow.

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:10 pm

Hi renewed, welcome to the forum. I'm so glad that things have turned around for you and as Arus said, congratulations on your 180 days!

renewed17

Re: Hello from Cincinnati !!

Post by renewed17 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:38 am

Thank you Arus and Cathy for welcoming me and for commenting on my sobriety date...it turns out that I am happy to be staying busy with living then being busy trying to die!!! #allthetimeGodisgood #Godisgoodallthetime !!!

affirmation1

Post by affirmation1 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:25 pm

Hello! I just finished your book a second time. It's amazing how I can remember the plot, theme and concept but not one drop of dialogue.
I believe God (Daddy) is awesome!
When I heard the movie was coming out I asked my oldest daughter if she read the book. I ordered one for her and one for myself. Someone let me read it initially and over the years either I passed it along or someone just borrowed it (which is the same for me as passing it along).
I am renewing or refreshing my walk with God presently and this book I feel has affirmed some of the good stuff He is working in me with.
Looking forward to exploring the forum!

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:45 pm

Good for you Renewed!

Welcome to the forum Affirmation! I look forward to getting to know you.
In the cracks of an earthquake, new flowers grow.

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:50 pm

Welcome to the forum, Affirmation.

Doggie

Post by Doggie » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:09 pm

Renewed17,
Thank you so much for sharing your story and witness of how and what God has done for you.
We do have an awesome God and friends.
It is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me.

tr8theta

Post by tr8theta » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:30 pm

Hello to All.
My name is Tom. I just finished reading the book today (having also watched the movie three times)
This is my first time visiting and posting here. Today I thought "How nice would it be to create a "The Shack"
"fan club" web site and lo and behold I come across this already existing web site disclosed at the back of the book. I've been to youtube numerous times where I have encountered many posts both pro and con...to my great delight as reading them all has given me greater insight into the varying mindset of those posting comments as well as how far mankind has yet to evolve towards creating relationships of love and understanding towards one another. I'd like to take this moment to THANK the author Wm. Paul Young for sharing this wonderful gift of profound insight into and revelation of GODs unconditional LOVE for ALL of HIS Creations and how Love, Forgiveness, Compassion, Non-Judgement, Reconciliation, Tolerance are the life practicing virtues that guide us on the path towards being one with GOD again. I praise all who have the spiritual awareness, wisdom and goodness of heart to recognize the true meaning of what the book/movie
is sharing with us and I pray for the closed and narrow minded who find fault and/or who denounce it.
Jesus's statement while nailed to the cross "Father forgive them for they know not what they do" seems to me appropriate in this regard. Who am I? Nobody particularly..no more or less special than you or the next person.
I'd like to think that Papa is especially fond of me to (as HE is of EVERYONE. This book/movie has had an immense impact on my being. I have adapted some of it's teachings already to my everyday living resulting in changed attitude towards my wife, children, neighbors and even total strangers. I feel willingly compelled and enjoy telling just about everybody I meet (even total strangers) about the book and movie in hopes that by doing so they too will experience a positiveness that just may help them change their lives and the lives of those around them for the better in some way shape or form. One specific example of how I have changed is how I formerly JUDGED fat people and considered them to be "ugly" and suddenly I now see how I was basing their value soley upon physical appearance that did not meet my "standards" of what I considered to be "beauty". Well shame on me. I sincerely apologize to ALL such people I misjudged and condemned. A philosopher once said "Beautifulness and Ugliness...Goodness and Badness are alike considerations and have no basis other than opinion". We are ALL children of GOD or The Supreme Being or Creator of All That Is (whatever "name" is TRUE for YOU) no matter what race, color, shape, WEIGHT, country of origin, gender, sexual orientation, religious or non-religiousness (and anything else I may have left out)...just like the many variations of fish and creatures in the sea of all shapes , sizes, colors, sweet and friendly looking or scary as hell looking - ALL put on this Earth by and Loved by You Know Who.
I feel spiritually uplifted, serene and a calmness has enveloped me...and the World is NOT so bad anymore
because I see and feel the beauty and wondrous in it. My "The Great Sadness" is gone.
Thank you for taking the time to read this...sorry if it is a bit longwinded. Love To ALL!

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:54 am

Welcome to the forum, tr8theta!

teresaandrea

Post by teresaandrea » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:34 am

Tom,
So glad you posted, hope to see you often here. The Shack has touched me too, it especially hep ed me get over my sadness of both my parents dying of cancer. It is amazing the different lessons the book/movie helps us with.

Return to “Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (New Members)”