Welcome to The Shack Forum! Forum posting rules can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3
And an explanation of how to navigate around the forum: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=63
New members are encouraged to post here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=75

Hi all!!!!

If you are a new member, and plan on sticking around here for a while, introduce yourself! Tell us a bit about yourself! (We get LOTS of new people, so please understand if no one replies right away.)
SarahBeth
Barely not a Newbie
Barely not a Newbie

Re: Hi all!!!!

Post by SarahBeth » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:35 pm

Hi David! :) I was wondering what your wife thinks of the book so far? That is awesome that you had it and ended up seeing the movie first! I would love to see the movie when I finally get the chance to but I know it will come when it's time - I can't wait to see the characters come to life! :) I absolutely LOVED the book. Really made me feel like I could find ME again in my relationship with THEM. Hope she is enjoying it as much as you both enjoyed the movie. A friend of mine has seen the movie but not read the book and from what I gathered, they are quite different, at least with regard to the ending. I'm SO glad I read the book first! I actually found it in a pile of free items leftover from someone having a yard sale and as soon as I saw it my intuition (also God, in my point of view) went crazy. Best FREE thing I've ever gotten in my life! :D :D

tr8theta

Post by tr8theta » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:46 pm

Dear Sarah
My name is Tom, from NJ, just recently joined this wonderful site. I am on my 2nd reading of the book and have watched the movie 4 times. Then I discovered today The Shack Revisited Sessions (on youtube) which is like an extended "treat". Welcome! I am so happy to have been "shacked" (as I affectionately like to call the experience) and I am endeavoring to practice all the virtues the book/movie encompasses especially "judgement" of others. Boy have I been guilty of that but am now so spiritually aware of when I am doing it (or about to) and I nip it in the bud right then and there. I recently participated in a very nasty verbal exchange with my neighbor after which time I felt so guilty and ashamed of my behavior so unbecoming of having been recently "shacked"...so I shared it here in the forums (you can see all my posts by clicking on my name I think) and my most favorite reply which rescued me from my misery was "Tom you don't become a Saint overnight...it takes time with papa to become better and better" I since wrote a sincere letter of apology to my neighbor which made me feel very good (but she did not reply as yet but I have no expectations...and I forgive her and myself for my part in it.

tr8theta

Post by tr8theta » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:27 pm

Courageous wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:18 pm
Hiii David! How exciting that your wife is reading the book! And, this after having seen the movie? That's awesome.

If you haven't yet.. read over this. It is a few paragraphs long but an excellent read. Wayne Jacobson, one of the co-authors (I'm sure you know the name) wrote it. I received it the other day in email.

http://theshackbook.com/whos-afraid-big ... 541cca9e23

Nice to meet you! Welcome to the board!
Courageous - it seems that every time I come here I find a new Shack "treat" Yesterday it was discovering The Shack sessions on youtube and today your post with the link to "Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Shack...LOL...great article! This is what I posted there:

Wow…talk about “timing”. In a world such as ours with so many souls struggling and searching for “something” to make things better in the face of such atrocities flung at us left and right from the premeditated evil doings to the chance random catastrophes..comes along such a phenomenal, wondrous tsunami of soul healing truth and wisdom as is The Shack and the virtues it encompasses eliciting the most loving response and life changing appreciation from those who are spiritually aware enough to
receive it in their hearts and souls. There is even hope and prayer for those who are closed-minded and find fault or denounce The Shack for Papa loves them too and we can only hope that they too someday shed their blinders and appreciate The Shack for what it is really and simply ..Gods Love and Goodness and desire for us ALL to be included in relationship with the Holy Trinity.

Courageous

Post by Courageous » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:38 pm

AMEN!

Return to “Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (New Members)”