Welcome to The Shack Forum! Forum posting rules can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3
And an explanation of how to navigate around the forum: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=63
New members are encouraged to post here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=75

Hi all!!!!

If you are a new member, and plan on sticking around here for a while, introduce yourself! Tell us a bit about yourself! (We get LOTS of new people, so please understand if no one replies right away.)
dtoback

Hi all!!!!

Post by dtoback » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:05 pm

Hi all...

I just wanted to introduce myself. I am David Toback from Longmont,Colorado. My wife Arlene and I attend Rocky Mountain Christian Church in Niwot,Colorado and just went to see The Shack movie yesterday.

I have had the book on my bookshelf for quite a few years and have given copies to others. My wife is currently reading it for the first time.

I *did* come across someone at church today who REFUSES to read the book or see the movie on doctrinal grounds and seems to be part of the "Anti-" Shack community.

Personally, the book changed the way I looked at my relationship with God and I hope it continues to do so for others as well.

God Bless.....
David and Arlene Toback
Longmont,Colorado

Courageous

Re: Hi all!!!!

Post by Courageous » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:18 pm

Hiii David! How exciting that your wife is reading the book! And, this after having seen the movie? That's awesome.

If you haven't yet.. read over this. It is a few paragraphs long but an excellent read. Wayne Jacobson, one of the co-authors (I'm sure you know the name) wrote it. I received it the other day in email.

http://theshackbook.com/whos-afraid-big ... 541cca9e23

Nice to meet you! Welcome to the board!

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:25 pm

Hi David, welcome to the forum :) I'm afraid there are quite a lot of "anti-Shack" people out there. The sad thing for me though is that most of them haven't even read the book, they are just going by what others tell them.

Enjoy the forum!
In the cracks of an earthquake, new flowers grow.

PastorCarl
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Post by PastorCarl » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:02 pm

Hi there, David, and welcome to the forum. Glad to have you join our group. As Arus said, most anti-shack people haven't even read the book. And those who are critical of the book and read it, have actually misread much of what they claim.
"You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed." Psalms 139:16

Judy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Judy » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:11 pm

Hi, David. Nice to meet you. My middle name is Arlene by the way.

I think some people are afraid of the book because they think we are worshiping it instead of our Lord or the Bible. Bless them.

Sherrym25
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Post by Sherrym25 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:51 am

Hi everyone, my name is sherry and I live in NY and I found out about this forum from the book, and can only say I don't work I am disabled and home for good , so finding this book has kept my spirits up. If I put the book down its like being a junkie, I have to read more I cant stop, this book is so good
Sherry M

Courageous

Post by Courageous » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:28 pm

My fourth read was with a couple of friends. Seems like sharing the read with others is like reading it all over for the first time. It just doesn't get old and redundant... truly the best story I have ever read next to the Bible.

Sherrym25
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Post by Sherrym25 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:06 pm

I know I agree that is how the book is you know. funny thing is I don't think I have ever read a book like this that I just couldn't put down you know
Sherry M

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:59 pm

Hi again Sherry! I honestly cannot remember how many times I re-read it, lol!
In the cracks of an earthquake, new flowers grow.

Doggie

Post by Doggie » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:29 pm

Howdy Sherry,
I'm in Colorado and also disabled. I've read The Shack several times myself and done a couple group studies on it. I love the idea of being free because of His love. I know that Papa loves me and even being mostly confined to my home, I have freedom in my spirit.
It is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me.

Return to “Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (New Members)”