Welcome to The Shack Forum! Forum posting rules can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3
And an explanation of how to navigate around the forum: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=63
New members are encouraged to post here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=75

Could Be Worse And Then It Is

If you are a new member, and plan on sticking around here for a while, introduce yourself! Tell us a bit about yourself! (We get LOTS of new people, so please understand if no one replies right away.)
ChaplainKent

Could Be Worse And Then It Is

Post by ChaplainKent » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:51 pm

As a Christian counselor and a pastor I often run into angry people who curse G-d because of what they think G-d has done to them. The call themselves atheists yet know in their hearts that God exists and it only makes their rage greater. A big part of that is our fault. Popular Christianity which tells others that grace is cheap and saying Jesus protects one from all harm. Christians praying for miracle healings and telling seekers that if they had faith enough grandpa's cancer would just disappear. Give money to the church and G-d will give you ten times back, guaranteed. Christians blaming Satan on persecuting and attacking the church when we are to blame for most of it by our words, deeds, and actions. Good to be here, please pray for all the PTSD veterans and civilian that I minister to who feel betrayed because God didn't do what Christian apologists claim was guaranteed. I believe in miracles and have seen miracles and expect miracles but they are not either a crash helmet or a health care plan. Miracles in Jesus name are for proof of his authority and rightful position as King of Kings and Lord of Lords and the messiah. That's why their happening at the edge of Christianity where so many people of the book and polytheists deny his divinity, the blood atonement, and his rightful authority.

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Could Be Worse And Then It Is

Post by Arus » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:07 pm

Hello there, welcome to the forum! I have found that people find it much easier to blame God for everything and anything in life!
In the cracks of an earthquake, new flowers grow.

PastorCarl
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Post by PastorCarl » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:29 pm

Greetings in the name of the Lord, ChaplainKent, and welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here with us.
"You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed." Psalms 139:16

Courageous

Post by Courageous » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:41 pm

Nice to meet you Kent! That was sure a POSTfull! Hope to see you around :)

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:06 pm

Hi Kent. That was an interesting post. It's easy to see why some people feel betrayed by God. We have been told that God has a good plan for our life but it's hard to see that sometimes.

Papalovesyou
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Papalovesyou » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:37 pm

Kent,
As we get to know each other better I would like to have a discussion about the outer manifestation of the Trinity within (at least in the person of the Holy Spirit). I accept I'm not going to fully understand how the Trinity can reside within, but I believe many of those that use the label Christian still have no fully grasped the life through/in/with Christ as the nexus/reason/reality of LIFE. And LOVE. In other words, we are caught in a Matrix of sorts. We don't really see/believe the power of Christ within. When we can, THAT is the true Good News and the center of the Gospel.

I also take care to make statements about where Papa/Spirit/Jesus are at work, as much of the "heavy lifting" may happen invisibly (at least to us), and often to the person "under construction".

Blessings,
Papalovesyou
May we all come to know Papa as we are known... and see ourselves as He sees us!

Doggie

Post by Doggie » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:03 pm

Kent,
I have had many people ask me how I can believe and trust God when He allowed the things happen me that I have lived through. My response has been that He has been there with me through it all and while I don't understand the whys I have learned to trust. I know that my living through what I have has opened many doors to share my relationship in Christ with others. While, yes, I still have the PTSD, the pain, and the limitations if just one person is helped in knowing the wonderful peace of living in Papa's love, it worth it all.
Do I have anger? Yes, at times I have some loud painful discussions with Papa. He always listens and then holds me while I cry. Sometimes I have to tell Him that He has to deal with the pain because I can't anymore. He gives me peace even in the pain. Then when I'm frustrated because it is too much for me to get out of bed and even go get something to eat He reminds me that He knows and that is why He has reminded my husband to always make sure there are provisions in the drawer next to me.

Thank you Kent for working with those that haven't seen yet that God is still there with them. He sees the eternal while we just see the now.
It is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me.

Judy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Judy » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:16 pm

It rains on the just and the unjust.....

If it didn't, everyone would be a Christian just to prevent water damage to new clothes.

Sherrym25
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Post by Sherrym25 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:46 am

Arus wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:07 pm
Hello there, welcome to the forum! I have found that people find it much easier to blame God for everything and anything in life!
I agree with you on that 100% God is not the excuse people are the excuse. I am not religious but I believe in God and Jesus and on that note, God doesn't tell people to do the things they say he told them to do. Because if God was like that there would be a whole lot of people in trouble with him.
Sherry M

Doggie

Post by Doggie » Sun May 07, 2017 2:24 am

God does tell people to do things sometimes. The problem comes when people don't make sure that what they believe God told them to do lines up with the full intent of the scriptures. Also some people take part of the Bible and use it to bash others forgetting about Christ saying that they will know us by our love.
It is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me.

Return to “Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (New Members)”