Welcome to The Shack Forum! Forum posting rules can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3
And an explanation of how to navigate around the forum: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=63
New members are encouraged to post here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=75

From old forum

If you are a new member, and plan on sticking around here for a while, introduce yourself! Tell us a bit about yourself! (We get LOTS of new people, so please understand if no one replies right away.)
Amelia
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Re: From old forum

Post by Amelia » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:54 pm

Cathy wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:35 pm
Thanks for posting, Amelia. I really do want to know how you are.
That means a lot to me
I've just got home. Still have the staples and bandages but I'm doing well so I can recover at home and go to appointments and then in a couple of weeks or so do radiation.
At the moment I still have issue with my left arm shoulder being numb but I can only exercise it and hope it returns.
Really I'm lucky compared to others in side effects though. I can eat and talk and swallow and so forth

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:59 pm

Amelia, it's lovely that my wanting to know how you are means a lot to you. You mean a lot to me.

I'm glad you're home and feeling like you can cope there while you recover. I pray your shoulder improves and settles down soon. May God bring you healing, peace and comfort.

Love, Cathy

Papalovesyou
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Papalovesyou » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:52 pm

Amelia, I pray peace that passes all human comprehension surrounds you, and that you are able to climb up into Papa's lap and be surrounded by His love.

I am keeping you in mind with my chats with Papa,
[m]
May we all come to know Papa as we are known... and see ourselves as He sees us!

Amelia
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Post by Amelia » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:37 am

Hello, just popping in to say hi
I woke in the night a couple of times because of pain as is usual since the surgery. Then this morning I ate and washed a bit. Everything's a bit harder to do. And now I'm sleepy again so I might fall back to sleep in a couple of minutes.

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:22 am

Amelia, it's nice to hear from you. I'm sorry the pain woke you up. I can understand it being harder to do everything at the moment. I hope you get more sleep. Sleep and rest are the best thing for you right now. I pray you feel a bit better every day.

AnaFigueira
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Post by AnaFigueira » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:25 am

Dear Amelia

when I was in hospital I sometimes had an infusion (with many attached tubes) in my throat - nicer than being pricked 10 times a day but the tissue there is very sensitive and you cannot not move it... so seing your "staple necklace" hurt... I also remember times when just eating breakfast, swallowing all my pills and brushing my teeth felt like a full day's work and I was ready for bed again...
Thinking you you,
Ana Figueira
A "three-in-one" dandelion... Shackesque

Amelia
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Post by Amelia » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:57 pm

Thanks for the post Ana, hope you're okay now.

I spend quite a bit of time lying down propped up with pillows. Feel drowsy or pain but have painkillers.
It's easy to think oh I've improved loads, but then when I get up It becomes apparent it'll be a long road to recovery.
Holding up my head to stay stood up or sat in a chair is hard work.
Today I had to go have blood tests (I know right out of hospital a day and already going back to visit, can't let them miss me huh) I had to go in the car which involved sitting and then get there and be number 39 in the queue for bloods so sat in waiting room and I felt so bad, I thought I'd pass out with pain if it took much longer. So then I had it and left to get home but maybe was allowed to leave too soon because I was bleeding through the thing on my arm. It was all exhausting. Less than an hour out the house and it was so painful.
They were important blood tests though so I had to do it.

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:20 pm

Amelia, I'm sorry you've been in so much pain. That sounds really tough. I agree it will take you a while to recover from the surgery and I pray it's not too bad and the painkillers really help. I hope you can get some rest and not have to go out too much. I'm praying that God brings you comfort and healing.

Sending you big hugs and thinking of you (((((((((((((((((((((Amelia))))))))))))))))))))))

Doggie

Post by Doggie » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:36 am

Amelia, can you fix some pillows or something to help brace your head up?

Keeping you in my prayers.
It is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me.

AnaFigueira
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Post by AnaFigueira » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:21 am

Amelia wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:57 pm
Thanks for the post Ana, hope you're okay now.

I spend quite a bit of time lying down propped up with pillows. Feel drowsy or pain but have painkillers.
It's easy to think oh I've improved loads, but then when I get up It becomes apparent it'll be a long road to recovery.
Holding up my head to stay stood up or sat in a chair is hard work.
Today I had to go have blood tests (I know right out of hospital a day and already going back to visit, can't let them miss me huh) I had to go in the car which involved sitting and then get there and be number 39 in the queue for bloods so sat in waiting room and I felt so bad, I thought I'd pass out with pain if it took much longer. So then I had it and left to get home but maybe was allowed to leave too soon because I was bleeding through the thing on my arm. It was all exhausting. Less than an hour out the house and it was so painful.
They were important blood tests though so I had to do it.
Dear Amelia

yeah, I am fine and even my professional life has taken a turn for good - I really enjoy it while it lasts. The many operations mean that I have scars, not only visible ones on my belly but inside - it's likely that I will need another operation at some point but I try not to dwell on that too much. The fact that my intestines no longer have their "original configuration" also has some impact but thankfully I can manage them most of the time by eating sensibly and resting enough...
We humans tend to take things as "given" or "normal" which are so easily changed - babies need to develop their muscles to be able to hold up their heads and need special support when held, we learn to walk and talk and then think it's ours forever - and it needs so little for it to change, just an operation or a stroke... Sometimes I marvel at our digestion, of being able to turn apples and bread and other things into nutritients and "building blocks" for our body and to eliminate what we do not need - I no longer take it as "given" because I had to learn the hard way that it's not self evident and a gift when it works...
Did you already get the results from the blood tests?
I had my blood tested some time ago as I reached the two year mark after my last operation - I have to supplement many nutritients and the tests determine how much of what to supplement - thankful to live in a country where that level of care is available and affordable... not self evident either.
Here it's raining - we had very dry weather for some time and nature needs the water - we also had frost lately after unusually warm temperatures in March, meaning many fruit trees and vines suffered... sad but a good reminder that we humans with all our science cannot control everything and depend on Father for rain and fertiliy and breath and strength...
Thinking of you,
Ana
A "three-in-one" dandelion... Shackesque

Return to “Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (New Members)”