Welcome to The Shack Forum! Forum posting rules can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3
And an explanation of how to navigate around the forum: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=63
New members are encouraged to post here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=75

Greetings from Texas

If you are a new member, and plan on sticking around here for a while, introduce yourself! Tell us a bit about yourself! (We get LOTS of new people, so please understand if no one replies right away.)
PastorCarl
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Greetings from Texas

Post by PastorCarl » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:16 pm

New but not so new. I used to be a member here a number of years ago but dropped out about 4 years ago or so. Different username then (SonofAdam), and was a frequent poster. Glad to be back. Recognize some of the old people here, and looking forward to meeting new friends as well.
"You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed." Psalms 139:16

Doggie

Re: Greetings from Texas

Post by Doggie » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:45 am

Howdy PastorCarl,
I think I remember your old name. I had left for a couple years and came back shortly after you left.
I'm glad to see you back. If I remember right, I always enjoyed your insight.
It is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me.

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:51 am

Hi Carl, I don't know if you'll remember me but you probably remember my twin sister, Sally.

PastorCarl
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Post by PastorCarl » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:15 am

I remember both of you. I see a few names from before. Most people will remember me by my old username, Son of Adam though. Need to come up with a new identity this time round. LOL!
"You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed." Psalms 139:16

Courageous

Post by Courageous » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:23 am

I can't even remember my own user name from days of old but I do recall "sonofAdam"... I'm probably going to recognize some names.. I was quite active and even moderator. It has been years!

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:27 am

I'm glad you said you were Son of Adam or I wouldn't have known who you were. I think you didn't post much after I came so I didn't know you very well.

PastorCarl
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Post by PastorCarl » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:54 am

Yeah, I left the group after being there for quite a while, but with the movie coming out (got tickets for Friday night), I decided to come back. Didn't realize that the forum just had a complete makeover so to speak, although most of the forum categories have stayed the same. And I do recognize a few of the old friends I had here. I guess many more will be joining or rejoining very soon. At least I hope so.

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:40 am

It's good to see you again Carl! How are you?
In the cracks of an earthquake, new flowers grow.

PastorCarl
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Post by PastorCarl » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:00 pm

I'm doing well, Peni. My ministry is going better than ever. Besides being involved in a mentoring program, I teach a number of Bible studies in the community, do some evangelistic work, and my Christian Facebook group, "A Deeper Walk With Jesus", where I and others teach, pray, and encourage each other, now has some 6,540 members and growing.

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:05 pm

That's amazing! Well done!
In the cracks of an earthquake, new flowers grow.

Return to “Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (New Members)”