Welcome to The Shack Forum! Forum posting rules can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3
And an explanation of how to navigate around the forum: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=63
New members are encouraged to post here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=75

Hello from NC

If you are a new member, and plan on sticking around here for a while, introduce yourself! Tell us a bit about yourself! (We get LOTS of new people, so please understand if no one replies right away.)
free2bme778

Hello from NC

Post by free2bme778 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:47 pm

I am from the Piedmont of North Carolina. I am a 38-year-old divorcee who has had "suffered" several tragedies in my own life. I have just finished a Bible Study called Forgiven and Set Free which is Bible Study for post-abortive women. As a teacher, I struggle with maintaining a strong relationship with Papa during the school year. It just so happened that I picked up this book at the end of last summer intending to read it sometime. But as we all should know by now, Papa's timing is perfect. I picked it up yesterday and finished it this morning. I am a fast reader, but I tend to skip over passages that I don't consider important. With The Shack, I did not do that. I was mesmerized from beginning to end. Every word was important for me to read and understand.

tr8theta

Re: Hello from NC

Post by tr8theta » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:38 pm

Dear Free2BMe,
It is such a joy when someone new finds their way here and on behalf of all (if I may do do) Welcome!
I am Tom, from NJ, 67 and papa had me find The Shack one night while searching for something to watch on TV and I stumbled my way to it and had no inkling whatsoever of what was about to take place...an astounding and profound impact upon my spiritual being and a feeling of enlightenment much like a euphoria that has me hovering in it ever since. That evening I became "shacked" as I affectionately like to call it...and it was all I could think about and tell everyone about...even total strangers I'd meet wherever and everywherever (is that a word?)
-supermarket, gas station, my dentist, on the phone with computer tech support people in the Phillipines, Europe, here in the US...don't matte...r you get me on the phone or meet me face to face ya gonna get "shacked"! But then I fell crashing flat on my face by engaging in a nasty verbal exchange with a neighbor after which I felt crushed and so guilty as if having committed a major crime against my better self. I 'confessed my transgression here in the forum and one member replied to me saying "Tom it doesn't mean you become a saint overnight" I then realized that it takes time with papa to learn to be a better person more and more. Whew!
(Sorry I tend to write lengthy posts) I keep going to the "chat center" hoping to meet up with a fellow forum visitor in real time...almost have...and know I eventually will (right, ARUS?)
Have you seen the movie yet? I've watched it 4x and am on my 2nd reading of the book.
A famous teacher once said "The number of times over the materials = certainty and results"
That same teacher said "Do NOT complacently gloss over words you do not know or understand so by looking up the meaning of such words in any book including The Shack will better your grasp and understanding. It's like "When the crepuscle arrived the bats flew about" now you know you don't know what that means...so go look it up! LOL - no dictionary handy...google it!
Oh alright...I'll tell ya...it means "darkness or twilight" and now you understand
But from now on look up those words!
Tom

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:32 pm

Welcome to the forum free2bme!

Courageous

Post by Courageous » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:33 pm

Welcome free! God bless all our teachers...I surely couldn't do that job. The heart of the teacher... what can one say.

Tom, I love your Heart, Spirit and passion.

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:50 pm

Welcome to Shackland Free!! You will probably find yourself reading the book a few more times, and, each time you do you will find something you missed.

Tom, hahahahaha!
In the cracks of an earthquake, new flowers grow.

tr8theta

Post by tr8theta » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:35 pm

:)

Return to “Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (New Members)”