Welcome to The Shack Forum! Forum posting rules can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3
And an explanation of how to navigate around the forum: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=63
New members are encouraged to post here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=75

Uh-Oh

If you are a new member, and plan on sticking around here for a while, introduce yourself! Tell us a bit about yourself! (We get LOTS of new people, so please understand if no one replies right away.)
tr8theta

Re: Uh-Oh

Post by tr8theta » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:16 pm

Who the heck knows...but today he went to work (got a new job last week and she went out for ther day...ahhhh peace and quiet...and the kitties are doing fine. Today I moved a very large and tall cat scratch post into the garage and they're using it already. The girlfriend's (Shelby) due date is now 9/29.
Please pray that I am able to accept, tolerate, be patient with and perhaps even love this child.
One improvement is that she and I are getting along better than previously. I think we're in for it. Diane (my wife) is all excited to be a grandma...buying stuff here and there. We shall see.

Doggie

Post by Doggie » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:56 am

You will love the child because it really needs your love. It has a hard road ahead of it and a calming loving grandpa will really help smooth some of those bumps ahead.
Remember God loves that dear child.
I really understand you wish it wasn't coming but it has no choice on the matter so please don't punish the poor dear by with holding something it really needs.
It is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me.

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:59 am

Well said, Colleen. We know it will be challenging for you Tom, but I pray you don't get too stressed.

tr8theta

Post by tr8theta » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:35 pm

Thanks Guys...it's true, the baby had no choice being brought into this world. Don't worry, I'm not gonna be mean or anything to him. Just not what I was expecting at my age 68 is all. I get cranky when my sleep is interrupted...so I'm gonna get some noise reduction ear muffs LOL. My fear is what his emotional and psychological condition will be coming from two biological parents who are both bi-polar and she has smoked POT throughout her pregnancy. Some web sites say the pot will NOT affect the baby...others say it isn't good...so who do I believe? Also it's kind of a suck world to bring a baby into these days. Sorry if I seem so negative.

Doggie

Post by Doggie » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:41 pm

Dear Tom, You don't have to believe either. You trust God that the child will be as it is suppose to be.
It is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me.

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:26 pm

You are just a grumpy old teddy-bear! Once that little being arrives, you will fall in love, mark my words!
In the cracks of an earthquake, new flowers grow.

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:59 am

Tom, I'm sad that you haven't been to the forum for a while. I hope you come back soon.

Return to “Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (New Members)”