Welcome to The Shack Forum! Forum posting rules can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3
And an explanation of how to navigate around the forum: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=63
New members are encouraged to post here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=75

Uh-Oh

If you are a new member, and plan on sticking around here for a while, introduce yourself! Tell us a bit about yourself! (We get LOTS of new people, so please understand if no one replies right away.)
tr8theta

Uh-Oh

Post by tr8theta » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:23 pm

I need to confess that I was NOT very Shack-like today with my neighbor and I hope I can come here and get it off my conscious. Our fence, in a state of disrepair, separates us and our dogs from each other. Today our dogs were out in our back yard and our neighbor let her dogs out and the dogs barked and growled at each other and ouir neighbor screamed a profanity at us and although this is by no means an excuse...I was already in pain from a toothache and an accompanying headache.. I just totally lost it and long story short she and I went "at it" in a very not nice way slinging nasties at each other. Needless to say I am appalled and ashamed at my behavior...very much unbecoming of my better self. it's been hours and I'm still upset. Anyway...i went to home depot and bought additional wood to re-inforce our fence thus making it even more IMPOSSIBLE for our dogs to "get" at one another. The dogs (both ours and theirs) are just being dogs whereas as adults we should have communicated with more respect and civility. I don't know how to make things better between us. She constantly calls animal control and code enforcement on us instead of coming over and just talking to us. Sigh...I just want to BE the better person I became after reading the book and seeing the movie and not to stoop to the lower level I did today. :oops:

Doggie

Re: Uh-Oh

Post by Doggie » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:24 pm

Tom it takes time for our relationship with Papa to change our inner being. The fact you feel bad about it shows you are changing. Talk to Papa and ask him to be with your neighbor.
It is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me.

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:42 am

We all have days like that, much as we wish we wouldn't. Go and buy (or bake, if you can!) a cake, take it round, and apologize for the way you spoke to her. You will feel better, even if it doesn't resolve your differences.
In the cracks of an earthquake, new flowers grow.

tr8theta

Post by tr8theta » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:12 pm

Thank you for your encouraging replies...I since wrote a nice letter of apology and asked if we could start brand new and communicate nicely with one another to resolve any problems. I kept a copy to show animal control and code enforcement so they can see our sincere effort to turn this around into a civil neighborly manner of treating each other. However, I have no expectations and I forgive her for being how she was.

tr8theta

Post by tr8theta » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:02 pm

:D feeling so much better now that I'm back on track...I mean Shack! :lol:
I realized today that the impact and effect The Shack movie/book had on my spiritual being was NOT a one time "cure all" against forthcoming unpleasant experiences and evilness. After I had the confrontation with my neighbor I rocketed back down from my euphoria and felt so guilty as if I had committed a grave sin against the virtues I have since resigned myself to practice. I also now realize that being a good person in all the various ways expressed in the movie/book will be an ongoing endeavor...and not always be easy or successful each and every time but I will strive for it to be.

Doggie

Post by Doggie » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:56 pm

You don't need to force yourself to be a better person. As your relationship with Papa grows and you let them into your life more the Holy Spirit works within you and being a better person comes almost naturally.
It is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me.

tr8theta

Post by tr8theta » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:14 pm

:) Thank you Doggie

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:30 pm

The more you walk hand in hand with Papa, the easier it gets :)

tr8theta

Post by tr8theta » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:28 pm

Thank you so very much!

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:04 pm

That doesn't mean that you are going to become a saint overnight, lol! But you are on the right track!

Return to “Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (New Members)”