Welcome to The Shack Forum! Forum posting rules can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3
And an explanation of how to navigate around the forum: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=63
New members are encouraged to post here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=75

Deeper Meanings

If you are a new member, and plan on sticking around here for a while, introduce yourself! Tell us a bit about yourself! (We get LOTS of new people, so please understand if no one replies right away.)
SarahBeth
Barely not a Newbie
Barely not a Newbie

Deeper Meanings

Post by SarahBeth » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:45 am

Hi All! :)

I noticed something in the book that I've heard and read elsewhere many times as well. The idea/concept of Time being all One moment coupled with thoughts emitting their own unique frequency, as EVERYTHING does. So every thought is its own seperate universe and anything we could ever think we are "choosing" or "manifesting" has always been there, happening all along. God says in "Conversations with God, Book One" that "The first thing that ever happened in the Universe is still happening now and the last thing that ever happened in the Universe is still happening now. He also said "As much as this might flip you out to hear, Hitler went to Heaven." What I loved so much about this book is that God doesn't love Missy or Mack or even Missy's murderer more or less - he is fond of all of them, despite what disastrous choices they might make for their lives by NOT being in harmony with him and his son and his holy spirit. I wish they would write a second book that would go into the mechanics of quantam physics a bit deeper but, hey, anything's possible, right? :D

Doggie

Re: Deeper Meanings

Post by Doggie » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:41 pm

It's really a very basic concept. Since God created time he is outside of it and for him it is all happening at once.

I'm not sure where in the book it talks about this.
It is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me.

tr8theta

Post by tr8theta » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:18 pm

I guess that since God has always been, is now and always will be...existing as such non-subject nor having to yield to the laws that govern the physical universe such as time. For God there is no past, present or future - the way mankind conceives it to be that is... but rather just IS-NESS and EVERYWHERENESS.

re: Hitler going to Heaven...gee I don't know Sarah...that indeed would have required some Supreme Non-limited Forgiveness. Now if Hitler did indeed go to Heaven...and if indeed there is a Hell then WHO, if anyone, is in Hell and what horrificness did THEY do (worse than Hitler) that would justify non-forgiving by papa?

Doggie

Post by Doggie » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:51 pm

Tom,
There is a belief called universalism that believes that God is so forgiving that all people will be in heaven and hell is reserved for Satan and his demons.
Of course Hitler might be in heaven if right at the end he truly repented. It is not our place to judge.
Here is my problem with Universalism. God has given us free will to love and accept him, or reject him. The idea that in the end he removes that free will and has everybody accept him, why give us the choice in the first place?

SarahBeth
Barely not a Newbie
Barely not a Newbie

Post by SarahBeth » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:39 pm

Doggie wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:41 pm
It's really a very basic concept. Since God created time he is outside of it and for him it is all happening at once.
</quote>

I'm sorry that my comment made it seem as though I didn't understand the concept. I learned of it several years ago and understand it competely (it actually puts SO many things into perspective for me!) but in this case, I was thinking of it being coupled with the idea that every thought has it's own frequency/vibration so is essentially like every thought is its own Universe in a sense, an idea I heard about from a spiritual mentor I follow online. As far as where the idea appears in the book, I lent it to a friend of mine to read so I can't look in it to find it but I remember it being there while I was reading it, or it at least alluded to it. There were a few things if I'm not mistaken that God basically said "That's a little beyond your current understanding" about, and I believe that may have been one of them.

tr8theta

Post by tr8theta » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:20 pm

Doggie wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:51 pm
Tom,
There is a belief called universalism that believes that God is so forgiving that all people will be in heaven and hell is reserved for Satan and his demons.
Of course Hitler might be in heaven if right at the end he truly repented. It is not our place to judge.
Here is my problem with Universalism. God has given us free will to love and accept him, or reject him. The idea that in the end he removes that free will and has everybody accept him, why give us the choice in the first place?
I certainly don't know the absolute truthful answer but it seems to me that God being the epitome of JUST which implies FAIRNESS as well, would grant a welcoming to Heaven to Hitler (or any other such horrendous persons) in the exact same way he would welcome those who strive so earnestly to be good throughout their lives. I mean we all falter at times and do and say things unbecoming of our best behavior but then we feel sincere regret or remorse and do our best to get back on the track of virtuous living. I feel that Hitler would definitely be a candidate for entry into Hell along with Satan and his demons because he WAS a demonic being...guilty of atrocious mass genocide. There are some faiths that believe that there are varying states of Heaven and depending upon how you lived your life determines what level of Heaven you are rewarded with.
I guess we'll all find out for sure...when we leave this earthly life and end up wherever we are meant (or deserve) to go. I doubt very much that God "removes" free will under any circumstances because doing such would negate our accountability for what we did with our free will.

Doggie

Post by Doggie » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:11 pm

I'm really thankful that I'm not getting what I deserve.

With our free will we can choose to live loved in fellowship with God, or to try to make it on our own. I make too big of mess when I try to do it on my own. Once I decided to join in the dance with him it has been an exciting and exhilarating dance. Not always easy or pleasant but even when I don't feel it I know that I am not alone.

Return to “Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (New Members)”