Welcome to The Shack Forum! Forum posting rules can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3
And an explanation of how to navigate around the forum: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=63
New members are encouraged to post here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=75

Hello Others!

If you are a new member, and plan on sticking around here for a while, introduce yourself! Tell us a bit about yourself! (We get LOTS of new people, so please understand if no one replies right away.)
SarahBeth
Barely not a Newbie
Barely not a Newbie

Hello Others!

Post by SarahBeth » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:19 am

Just wanted to introduce myself to you all. My name is Sarah and this book helped heal my heart in so many ways and I'm so looking forward to sharing observations and perspectives with you all about it. <3

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Hello Others!

Post by Cathy » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:55 am

Welcome to the forum, Sarah! I'm so glad you have received healing in so many ways.

tr8theta

Post by tr8theta » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:50 pm

Welcome Sarah...your name is so close to Sarayu's! My name is Tom and I just became a new member here yesterday. My experience having just finished reading the book yesterday and seeing the movie three times prior (am on my 4th time) has been one of wonderful spiritual impact on my being. i walk around like I'm on a cloud...feeling serenity, calmness...happiness and to think I used to be such a miserable depressed person wishing death would come and take me already as "life sucked" Now I am enjoying life and the beauty and wondrous of things like a mother blue jay feeding her young right in my view and my happy dogfs frolicing in the backyard...renewed love for my wife and kids and I have so much affinity for EVERYONE even total strangers...many of whom I just openly start talking to and telling them about the book/movie. my wife told me yesterday that she loves the "new me" and that I have been "shacked" LOL. last night we went out to dinner at our fav restaurant and being who I am I began talking to the couple seated next to us. The next door liquor store went out of biz and my wife was disappointed cause she wanted some wine with dinner as did the couple next to us...so the guy said I'm going down the road to a nearby liquor store and I asked him "Could you find it in your heart to pick up a bottle for us?" and he said "Sure" so I handed him a $20. He returned and our friendly conversation continued. we spoke about the food we liked to order there and then our families and then what we did for a living (jobs). He is in construction. He asked what do I do and I told him I transfer (convert) peoples movie and tapes and films to dvd. His wife suddenly blurted out "Wow...I need that service...in fact I have vhs tapes with me in my car. So I ended up offering my services and she trusted me with her precious memories. So just by reaching out to total strangers I ended up with a $300+ service opportunity. The Shack is just the spiritually refreshing and enlightening gift" we needed in our lives and God Bless those who have the spiritual awareness to appreciate the goodness in it that it inspires.

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:16 pm

Welcome to the forum Sarah!

Tom, You have indeed been shacked! Welcome to Shackland!
In the cracks of an earthquake, new flowers grow.

SarahBeth
Barely not a Newbie
Barely not a Newbie

Post by SarahBeth » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:56 pm

Thank you all for the warm welcome! :) I have a daughter that I named Sariah, (pronounced sa-RYE-ah)...didn't even consider them being close to Sarayu's lol But it is great to meet all of you And that's so wonderful to hear Tom! :D It has definitely brought me back to more of a friendship with God again too and I also feel grateful for every moment even more than I did before reading it.

Doggie

Post by Doggie » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:20 pm

Welcome Tom and Sarah. The Shack book has helped me through a few major changes in my life since I first read it about 7 years ago.
It is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me.

Courageous

Post by Courageous » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:53 pm

Welcome SarahBeth!

Tom, I love your "Shacked" stories :) !

tr8theta

Post by tr8theta » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:34 pm

Why thank you so very much Courageous.
Since seeing the movie and reading the book and becoming so spiritually impacted and enlightened by both and then discovering this forum site I've been coming here often but am so disappointed to not find hardly anyone on line in the chat center except for a very same few and those few... rarely. I so wanted to meet many more members and chat and share stories. Occasionally I'll come across a new post or reply to one of mine which is nice and most welcomed. i'm almost through my 2nd reading and have watched the movie 4x and I tell nearly everybody I meet about it (mostly total strangers).
Now if you tell me a date and time when we could "meet" in the chat center i will truly strive to be there.
Sincerely yours,
Tom

Return to “Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (New Members)”