Welcome to The Shack Forum! Forum posting rules can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3
And an explanation of how to navigate around the forum: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=63
New members are encouraged to post here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=75

Just Finished Reading The Shack

If you are a new member, and plan on sticking around here for a while, introduce yourself! Tell us a bit about yourself! (We get LOTS of new people, so please understand if no one replies right away.)
Unity4All

Just Finished Reading The Shack

Post by Unity4All » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:58 am

What The Shack did for me was to take a deeper look inside my life and make some lifestyle changes.

Forgiveness is Number 1
It's hard for me to forgive people who have been down right mean to me and you can't get away from them because you work with them. I'm tired of fighting battles and being disrespected. I've come to realize that it really isn't my issue, it's how I respond to the negativity. Most importantly, I know God loves me and He has never forsaken me. I am wasting my time and energy on something that I know the Lord will handle. I'm learning to Let It Go.

Fear is Number 2
Life is uncertain period, yet we want to be able to control everything in our lives. About 2 1/2 years ago I've been dealing with one major catastrophe after another. It's gotten to the point that I am worn out to the core and it has affected my health, hyperactive thyroid and congestive heart failure. Life brought these things to me. It wasn't poor planning or making bad decisions, except for one - being in a relationship far to long with someone who was not capable of loving me back. I know I played a role in that one. I had allowed Fear to take up residence in my life, pull up a seat and make it it's home. I can't do it anymore, because Fear is not from God. And if it's not from God I don't want it.

This is a sad world we live in. Our faith has to be much stronger now then ever before. There are many good people out there but I feel they need to stand up and make a change for the world to be a better place.

God is still in charge.

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Just Finished Reading The Shack

Post by Arus » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:22 pm

Hello Unity, welcome to the forum. I know exactly what you mean by work colleagues, as I had the same problem! It seems to me like you have learned two very important things!
In the cracks of an earthquake, new flowers grow.

Judy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Just Finished Reading The Shack

Post by Judy » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:15 pm

Welcome Unity. We're glad you shared this with us. Sounds like you have on 'the armor of God. Bless you.

Return to “Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (New Members)”