Welcome to The Shack Forum! Forum posting rules can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3
And an explanation of how to navigate around the forum: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=63
New members are encouraged to post here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=75

The litter box

If you are a new member, and plan on sticking around here for a while, introduce yourself! Tell us a bit about yourself! (We get LOTS of new people, so please understand if no one replies right away.)
Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: The litter box

Post by Arus » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:36 pm

Thanks Cathy, I just needed to have a rant, lol. Actually, 8 months is pretty good - Bet's had her farewell dinner a year after she left, lol. They are simply incapable of planning anything, so in the end Zim did all the planning and booking.
In the cracks of an earthquake, new flowers grow.

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:15 pm

They sound hopeless at organising things, which is strange for professional people. A year would be too long!

Are the puppies still keeping you up? You said on the This or that thread that you're not getting enough sleep.

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:51 pm

No, not normally, but last night it was so late when I got back, and I had the puppies on the couch with me for a cuddle before I put them in their cage, and I fell asleep! During the night they were all over me, and their razor-sharp little claws kept cutting my face, waking me up. My face was covered in bloody scratches this morning, lol. I won't do that again!

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:15 pm

Ouch! I hope you get enough sleep tonight.

Courageous

Post by Courageous » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:26 pm

OMgoodness!

Regarding your bosses wife...you know what they say... "misery loves company...". And when she couldn't recruit you guys she simply tried to MAKE you miserable.

In an earlier note you mentioned having rats? Do you have rats for pets?

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:40 pm

Thanks Cathy, the pups will sleep in their cage tonight, lol.

You are so right Cyndi. The sad thing is, that someone who behaves like that is normally miserable themselves! Yes, I do have rats for pets, and they are awesome pets!

Doggie

Post by Doggie » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:21 am

Peni, I'm glad you had a good time in spite of the boss's wife. How much longer are you going to have your foster puppies?
It is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me.

Courageous

Post by Courageous » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:43 am

Really ??? Rats for pets? I need some life in my Life. Hmmm.. that's sad that one is lost... where did he/she go? Do you think that it will return? Are they easy little pets to have ? Do they like to sit next to you in bed ?

*re: "someone who behaves like that is normally miserable themselves!" yes... she feels miserable.. thus my post of "misery loves company". *Sleep deprivation is equivalent to being altered with alcohol. LMBO

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:29 pm

Colleen, the rescue people only make their animals available for adoption at 8 weeks, and my pups are 5 weeks now, so, at least another 3 weeks.

Cyndi, the one that was lost was found by a lady in my town, in her garden, so I adopted her. She is now part of my "mischief" ( a group of rats are called a mischief), and she is very happy! Mine have been very easy pets to have, but I bought them from a breeder. The ones you buy in the pet shops normally have quite a lot of health issues, which can become expensive. Mine have not cost me a dime, apart from their food, and that is negligible. They get very tame, and are incredibly affectionate. I'm sure mine would love to sit next to me in bed, but I only let them out in my spare room, away from the dogs :)

Courageous

Post by Courageous » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:06 pm

But I have no other pets in my life right now. Is having a rat like having an hamster? I have had hamsters and guniepigs. Similar huh?

Return to “Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (New Members)”