Welcome to The Shack Forum! Forum posting rules can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3
And an explanation of how to navigate around the forum: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=63
New members are encouraged to post here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=75

The litter box

If you are a new member, and plan on sticking around here for a while, introduce yourself! Tell us a bit about yourself! (We get LOTS of new people, so please understand if no one replies right away.)
Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: The litter box

Post by Arus » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:09 pm

Coll and Cathy, I still haven't decided about the house. Once the estate has been settled I have a financial adviser who is going to come and chat to me, so I'll see what he says. My sister is keeping busy at work, so she's doing okay.

Cathy, my grief still overcomes me at the weirdest times, but now I just let myself cry and get it over with, lol.

Teresa, that was the problem with my fridge too, it had a leak and didn't stay cold. This one is so nice and cold! As for the cats and dogs - that is the lovely thing about getting my animals from the rescue organisation. The lady who fosters the kittens has 2 rottweilers, so the kittens are used to dogs from day one, which makes life a lot easier. Then I keep them in the spare room for a week and feed them right next to the door, so they each get used to each other's smells. It seems to work!
In the cracks of an earthquake, new flowers grow.

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:33 am

Peni, I'm glad a financial advisor will help you decide what to do with the house. It's good that you're letting your grief out by crying when you need to, even though it's painful. I'm glad your kittens and dogs get used to each other so fast.

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:44 pm

Thanks Cathy :)

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:23 pm

:)

teresaandrea

Post by teresaandrea » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:43 pm

Penni,
Any suggestions for me, my son brought his dog to my house and my two grown cats are not pleased to say the least. right now they are coping by not coming down if he is loose at all or in our living room. But I would love to see them get along better. When confronted the cats hiss and the dog runs to hide behind someone.
Hope you have good advice on your father's house.
Praying for you ....remember grief has no timetable. Sending hugs your way!

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:31 am

Oh dear Teresa, what a dilemma you have! It is very difficult when you are dealing with adult cats. I'm afraid that the only thing you can do in that situation is to have patience! Your cats will eventually get used to the dog being around.

Thank you for the hugs!

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:42 am

How are you doing, Peni?

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:59 am

I'm good, thanks Cathy, just working my butt off! I have ripped up the vinyl from the kitchen floor, and now have the awful job of having to painstakingly sit on the (COLD!) concrete floor and scrape the old glue off, lol. I'm also fostering 3 feral kittens, which is keeping me busy!

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:55 pm

Hi, Peni. I'm glad you're good. Well done on working on your kitchen floor. Are you going to put down a different covering? If it was me, I'd be using a kneeling pad (like the ones you can use in the garden for knee padding) to make the work more comfortable. Enjoy the kittens. You do sound busy!

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:56 pm

I'm going to be putting vinyl down again, because it's the easiest to keep clean with puppies around. The one I ripped out was really the cheapest on the market, about paper-thin! The new one I bought is beautifully soft, and thick, so it should be nice.
I don't have a kneeling pad, but I am using the doormat to sit on, lol.

Return to “Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (New Members)”