Welcome to The Shack Forum! Forum posting rules can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3
And an explanation of how to navigate around the forum: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=63
New members are encouraged to post here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=75

The litter box

If you are a new member, and plan on sticking around here for a while, introduce yourself! Tell us a bit about yourself! (We get LOTS of new people, so please understand if no one replies right away.)
Papalovesyou
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: The litter box

Post by Papalovesyou » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:31 pm

Papalovesyou wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:29 pm
Moderator Message:
It is ever important to seek relationship with loved ones, we never no how long we may have them.
- Papalovesyou
Testing forum enhancement....
May we all come to know Papa as we are known... and see ourselves as He sees us!

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:43 pm

Peni, I'm glad your dad is talking to you again. I hope he appreciates you more now.

Doggie

Post by Doggie » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:24 pm

Mike I like that enhancement.
It is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me.

Papalovesyou
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Papalovesyou » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:58 pm

Doggie,
Over all, the phpBB software is MUCH better then the old forum software (SMF - Small Machine Forum).
I have built this forum from the ground up, so understand all the ins & outs much better, and this software is much more extensible. That particular enhancement is through custom bbcode, the same method I used to insert youtube videos.

Blessings,
[m]
May we all come to know Papa as we are known... and see ourselves as He sees us!

Doggie

Post by Doggie » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:17 pm

That's all Greek to me. Well actually I'm more acquainted with Greek than Geek, even though I have a family that speaks Geek fluently.
It is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me.

Courageous

Post by Courageous » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:20 pm

That's just darned creepy... a COBRA??? You do live on the other side of the planet lol! The dogs were protecting you. That snake was headed for the shade in your house ??

Judy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Judy » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:43 pm

Don't mess with a cobra. They aren't very nice.

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:48 pm

Actually Judy, considering that the dogs were biting it, it wasn't as mean as it could have been!

Cyndi, although there are loads of them around, we hardly ever see them. The snake experts said that because we are having such a severe drought, they are coming down from the mountains looking for water.

That looks awesome Mike!
In the cracks of an earthquake, new flowers grow.

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:47 am

It's very late, I'm sleep deprived, and my head is doing a number on me. Tonight was my "farewell party" from my boss - 8 months after I left!! I didn't want to go, but I couldn't find a decent excuse to not go. So I went.
There were 9 of us, my boss, his wife, and the 7 staff. My boss can't drink because he has pancreatitis. One of the staff, Colleen, doesn't drink because she grew up with an alcoholic father. I don't drink because I was an alcoholic. Or close enough!
But then you always have "that one"! The bosses wife. The more she drinks, the more she wants you to drink. She nags, then begs, then makes fun of you because you are not drinking! One particular thing she said tonight struck a nerve for me - "how on earth can you enjoy life if you are not having bubbles! (champagne).
I did enjoy my night. And when I got home I was able to feed my foster puppies, and play with them. My bosses wife had to be carried to the car, so, probably won't remember much.
So who enjoyed the night more tonight?
In the cracks of an earthquake, new flowers grow.

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:00 am

Peni, how come your farewell party was so long after you left work? I'm sorry that the boss' wife wanted everyone else to drink like she did. I definitely think you had a better time than she did. I bet she will feel worse than you afterwards even if you didn't get enough sleep.

Return to “Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (New Members)”