Welcome to The Shack Forum! Forum posting rules can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3
And an explanation of how to navigate around the forum: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=63
New members are encouraged to post here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=75

The litter box

If you are a new member, and plan on sticking around here for a while, introduce yourself! Tell us a bit about yourself! (We get LOTS of new people, so please understand if no one replies right away.)
Doggie

Re: The litter box

Post by Doggie » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:46 pm

Dear Peni,
I'm keeping you all in prayer.
Dan sends his love and condolences.
It is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me.

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:04 pm

Thank you Coll, and please thank Dan too.

Thank you Tom, and I will do that. Unfortunately, due to the time difference, I am normally busy with dinner when you are in the chat room, lol.
In the cracks of an earthquake, new flowers grow.

tr8theta

Post by tr8theta » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:55 pm

No problem...we'll 'shack up"...I mean 'hook" up sooner or later in the chat center
Tom
Hope you are okay...loss of loved ones is not easy...may you be blessed
Tom

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:38 pm

How are you doing, Peni? How are all the arrangements about your dad going? I guess your sister left a couple of days ago.

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:02 pm

My sis left on Sunday. I started work on Monday, so it's been rather hectic. There is still so much to do at dad's, but I'm getting there, slowly. I'm ashamed to say that I'm not doing as well as I thought I would, since my sis left. Going into dad's house now is just so depressing, and I miss him terribly. I know it will get better, but right now it's just horrible. I had to give the foster pups back too, because I just couldn't get any work in the house done with them around.

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:26 pm

It must be hard starting work at a difficult time like this. Please let us know how it's going. It's understandable that you're not doing very well and you find going to your dad's house depressing. Please be kind to yourself about it. I wonder if playing music you like while you're there would help. I'm sorry you had to give back the foster pups too. May God give you comfort and peace.

Doggie

Post by Doggie » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:16 pm

Peni,
Don't push yourself too hard. Sometimes when you go over to work you might not be able too. That's okay your grieving.
Starting a new job is high stress, but also a distraction. While I understand you feel that you let the puppies and the lady down, I'm sure that someone else will step up to take care of them.

I'm praying that you will be comforted and given peace through this, also that God will give you wisdom and guidance as you wade through your father's things.

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:58 pm

Cathy, there is nothing in the house that plays music, and the radio on my phone is awful, lol.

Thanks Coll. It was actually Louise who suggested giving the pups up, and she was right! Having a good night's sleep last night made a world of difference to my mood.

Cathy, work is going really well so far - although Louise and I tend to talk more about dogs and cats than about work, lol!!

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:14 pm

Peni, I know that nothing will stop you feeling sad about your dad at the moment, but if I couldn't play music at your dad's house, I'd bring a teddy bear. That's just me though. Anything comforting might help.
I'm glad getting sleep helped your mood. It's great that your work is going well so far. Probably talking about dogs and cats is good for you right now, LOL.

Doggie

Post by Doggie » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:00 am

How about taking one of the dogs?

Return to “Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (New Members)”