Welcome to The Shack Forum! Forum posting rules can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3
And an explanation of how to navigate around the forum: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=63
New members are encouraged to post here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=75

The litter box

If you are a new member, and plan on sticking around here for a while, introduce yourself! Tell us a bit about yourself! (We get LOTS of new people, so please understand if no one replies right away.)
Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: The litter box

Post by Arus » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:22 pm

Very true Teresa! And thank you!

Thank you Cathy. I'm fine, thank you. A bit sad, as my female lovebird died today. But she was old, and it was quick, so it's not too bad. Dad is getting slower and slower in his moving around, and I am now doing most of his cooking and cleaning in the house, but he has also become a lot more appreciative, and thankful, which is nice. My sister's hubby is not doing well at all, so she is very down.

Thank God for the distraction of my gorgeous puppy!!
In the cracks of an earthquake, new flowers grow.

Doggie

Post by Doggie » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:29 pm

Keeping you all in my prayers.

When you have time some pictures of your family would be nice.

I'm sorry about the loss of your female love bird. Are you going to get another one?
It is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me.

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:44 am

They are really expensive, so I'm trying to find him another home instead.

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:52 pm

Peni, I'm sorry that your lovebird died. It is sad. I'm glad that your dad is being more appreciative these days. I'm really sorry that your sister's hubby isn't doing well and she is down about it. Sometimes life is so hard!

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:06 am

Thank you Cathy, he passed away last night. I wish I could be with my sis, but I can't leave dad :(

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:23 pm

Peni, I'm really sorry. May God comfort your sister and you all. :(

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:24 pm

Oops, this posted twice. :oops:
Last edited by Cathy on Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doggie

Post by Doggie » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:39 pm

Peni, I'm so sorry about the loss of your brother in law.
It is hard for you, I'm sure, not being able to be there for your sister, but remember that Papa is there with her.
I'm keeping you all in my prayers.
It is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me.

tr8theta

Post by tr8theta » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:37 pm

Hello All...from Tom (recently joined and now upgraded to "not a newbie" LOL.
I decided to post here primarily because of the topic title "litter box" and to share some stuff.
We have 11 cats (down from 23) and two pit bulls. Our youngest kitten (a rescue) Simba LOVES the two dogs.
the other cats (oldest is 17-19 - I forgot exactly) Rusty gets humped all the time by one of the pit bulls (can I say that here?) which is kinda funny but Rusty doesn't like it much so I shoo the dog away. otherwise dogs cats get along pretty well (sort of) I am 67 and have had cats all my life since infancy along with other critters that our daughter and son had when they were younger: ferrets, turtles, geckos, fish, mice, little bunnies.
We feel that animals are special "spirits" too and loved by papa too.
PS. We have a few bluejay families in our front and back yards too which are a delight to feed and watch.

re: Litter Box - For those who own cats and use a traditional cat litter box : We have discovered a cat litter system called "The Breeze". You fill the litter box with pellets and underneath in a tray you insert an absorbent pad. This pad collects all the urine. You scoop the poop from the pellets. You change the pad once a day (or less depending upon number of cats) If urine odor is an issue for you...this Breeze system totally eliminates the odor. Trust me...with 11 cats I can attest and assure you of this fact. We get the pads (Frisco brand) and 7lb pellet bags and our cat food and dog food from Chewy.com and save big bucks.

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:43 pm

Thank you Cathy and Coll. Allan was such a kind person - when my previous boyfriend committed suicide, Allan quit his job and flew all the way from England to be with me, as my sister was busy with a company audit and couldn't leave. Sweet memories.

Welcome to my thread Tom! It's called "The Litter Box" because my avatar is a cat, lol. We all have our own threads here, where we share our daily news with our shackland friends. I'm very glad to meet another animal lover, as I am nuts about them! At the moment I have 2 cats (I had three, but one has vanished), 3 dogs, 1 lovebird and 4 rats. I fostered 3 puppies for 3 months, bottle-feeding them in the beginning. When it came time to give them up for adoption, there was one I couldn't part with, so we now have 3 dogs!

We don't have the litter you are talking about in our country, but it sounds good!

Return to “Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (New Members)”