Welcome to The Shack Forum! Forum posting rules can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3
And an explanation of how to navigate around the forum: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=63
New members are encouraged to post here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=75

The litter box

If you are a new member, and plan on sticking around here for a while, introduce yourself! Tell us a bit about yourself! (We get LOTS of new people, so please understand if no one replies right away.)
tr8theta

Re: The litter box

Post by tr8theta » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:44 pm

that's a shame...whereas the value of relationship building was stressed so highly in the Book/Movie.
I think it is just human nature (sadly) to get all excited about something at first...and then it just dwindles down to barely nothing again over time. Like 911 tragedy- almost EVERY car in the USA proudly boasted an American Flag...everyone became "neighborly" and then less and less and now very rare to see a car with the flag on it or an invite from a neighbor. :(

Doggie

Post by Doggie » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:44 pm

Welcome back Tom.
I think a lot of people come to find a discussion about the book and unfortunately it hasn't really happened.

Peni, how are things going with you kitten?
Are you doing alright after the auction?
It is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me.

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:45 pm

How are you doing, Peni?

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:15 pm

Coll, the kitten is driving me mad!! He makes a bee-line for the door every time it's open, and he's quick! It's okay during the day, but it's the night's that bother me. He's very, very cute though, and so loveable!
And no, I'm not doing so well today, but tomorrow will be better.

Thanks for asking Cathy. I'm feeling rather lonely today, but, as I said to Coll, tomorrow will be better.
In the cracks of an earthquake, new flowers grow.

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:49 am

Peni, thanks for being honest. I pray that God will comfort you and you won't keep feeling so lonely.
Your kitten sounds like a handful!

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:01 pm

Thank you Cathy, and yes, he is, lol.

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:59 pm

Peni, how are you and your kitten doing?

teresaandrea

Post by teresaandrea » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:51 am

Hi Peni,
Sorry I have been off the threads for so long, had so much drama in my family that getting on just didn't happen. things have settled down a bit now....
I am sorry about the loss of your dad, it does get better with time. I have been thinking and praying for you and reading your facebook posts.
Your kitten sounds like my cat, he will try to rush my feet to get outside, which would be understandable if he was an outdoor cat, but he isn't. Got his nose out the door the one day, but it was raining very hard and he decided he didn't like the outside that much any more.
Sending you so much love and care!

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:09 pm

Hi Cathy. We are doing great, thanks. I spent the weekend painting my bedroom, and, although it was hard work, I am really loving the results. I still have to paint my chest of drawers and my kist, then I'll show yyu all how it looks.

Teresa, it's so good to see you here again! I'm glad things have settled down for you. Thank you for your prayers - I still getting all choked up a few times a week about dad, but I know it will get better. I just miss him terribly. My other cat has now gone missing, which breaks my heart. There was apparently a warning on the radio from the nature reserve saying that because of the drought the Caracal's that normally live up in the mountains have come down looking for food. There are a lot of cats missing around here, and we live right next to the nature reserve :( If that is what happened to her, I pray it was quick!

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:32 pm

Hi Peni, I'm glad you're doing great. Well done for painting your bedroom! It would be lovely to see photos of the results. I'm sorry your cat has gone missing and I pray it comes back soon (or if not that, that it was quick). Which cat is that?

I looked through your Facebook page tonight. It was interesting and moving. Lots of lovely pet pics too.

Return to “Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (New Members)”