Welcome to The Shack Forum! Forum posting rules can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3
And an explanation of how to navigate around the forum: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=63
New members are encouraged to post here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=75

Can't wait for the movie...

If you are a new member, and plan on sticking around here for a while, introduce yourself! Tell us a bit about yourself! (We get LOTS of new people, so please understand if no one replies right away.)
Courageous

Re: Can't wait for the movie...

Post by Courageous » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:28 pm

AnaFigueira wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:38 pm
... Sarayu and Papa are a bit overwhelming at times

"Let's get you out of this boat"... my favorite scene... what's yours?

Today is Palm Sunday - I was confirmed on Palm Sunday 33 years ago... Ps 73:23 Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand.
Doesn't that fit - God is not interested in prisoners, we are free... and at the same time he lovingly, tenderly and firmly holds us... means more than ever to me, that verse I was given so long ago
Ana
How did you pronounce "Sarayu" when you were reading the book? To hear it's proper pronunciation was interesting for me. I read it as "Suhryu" with emphasis on "ry". Movie clarified proper of "Sahreeyu" with emphasis on "sah". I have a horse (In a virtual world called second life) that I named Sarayu. He was recently replaced given the advanced technology. Everybody knows I have not named my new horse yet and are giving me suggestions. I have just decided, this moment, that he will also be named Sarayu. I love being able to introduce Spirit to those that do not know.

I don't have a favorite scene yet... I need to see the movie again. I have an hearing deficit and missed the first quarter of the movie before, out of frustration, going to customer service for hearing assist device... which they had.. and which was totally amazing. I like the scene where max is so freed that he takes off without Jesus. Jesus reminds Max that it's always better to be together.

Papa IS Freedom to me. The Shack story helped me understand so much of what I "knew" about God. "Papa does not desire slaves (prisoners)". Knowing His Love for me is the most freeing, giving gift. He Loves me right where I am. So much religion never put us in His arms right where we are. Religion always told me to be something different, do something different and THEN I'll be loveable... time to rest and be Loved.

I'm not sure what "confirmed" means Ana... I think it is a Catholic ritual of sorts? Kinda like how the Protestant has baptisms I guess? Whatever it is... what a special memory !

I'm glad you enjoyed the movie. I will report my favorite scene when I see it again with ALL EARS. lol

AnaFigueira
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Post by AnaFigueira » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:49 pm

I guess I pronounced it SaraYU as if it were Hebrew...often think of her when working in my garden.
Confirmed refers to the "affirming" one's faith as an "almost adult" (I was 15) after having been baptized as a child - it is a reformed-protestant custom, but just realized that in English it is also used for the Catholic sacrament we call by a different name...
Looking forward to reading from you after your "all ears" experience... in this movie dialogue does matter!
A "three-in-one" dandelion... Shackesque

Sherrym25
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Post by Sherrym25 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:36 am

I agree with you, but at the same time they have me laughing to. Because they are funny, like Papa tells him he has to catch his fish and he has to clean it to. When Mack got lost in conversation with God, I said it the same thing right before he said it. I was lost in that same conversation to
Sherry M

Judy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Judy » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:21 pm

I have got to get this movie on dvd. I did see it in the theater, but need another dose.

AnaFigueira
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Post by AnaFigueira » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:21 pm

Can't wait for the DVD... will watch the boat scene 10 times at least...

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:31 pm

I'm looking forward to the DVD too.

AnaFigueira
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Post by AnaFigueira » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:58 pm

Just got the Release Dates - End of May, probalby just for the US...

Cathy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cathy » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:06 pm

Thanks. I may have to get it from Amazon America because I bet it won't come out in Australia on DVD for many months.

Return to “Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (New Members)”