Welcome to The Shack Forum! Forum posting rules can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3
And an explanation of how to navigate around the forum: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=63
New members are encouraged to post here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=75

Can't wait for the movie...

If you are a new member, and plan on sticking around here for a while, introduce yourself! Tell us a bit about yourself! (We get LOTS of new people, so please understand if no one replies right away.)
Doggie

Re: Can't wait for the movie...

Post by Doggie » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:49 am

Ana, I'm really glad that you have been able to experience love after feeling unwanted as a child.
I know that I felt guilty the first time I admitted the hurt caused by my parents rejection. The Shack and many people here helped me realize it wasn't me.
It is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me.

AnaFigueira
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Post by AnaFigueira » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:49 am

Thankfully my grandmother made me feel wanted (sadly she did not do that for her daughter who in turn did not do it for me) and appreciated me despite me being a bookworm instead of an outdoor person... For my mother work was something done with your hands and not your head (an no, typing on a keyboard or writing on paper does not count as manual work) so I had little value in her opinion. She never really saw the point of my going to College and later University, especially since girls get married anyways (I'll be 50 next year and still single, most of the time happily so). Swiss society values education but my mom did not... my grandmother loved books and probably would have liked to study but born into a farmer's family in 1906 that just was not an option... but she understood me and always gave me books as presents and let me read her books (which were written in the old German script which I taught myself to read)

Should prepare my courses for today - in the afternoon 3 exchange students who recently came to Switzerland whom I teach "Survival German" and in the evening a lively group of 12 international adults whom I teach German on an Advanced Level... yesterday I had my first meeting with a student getting private lessons and we clicked which is not at all self-evident... am so thankful to Papa for providing me this job (over the years I have applied to that specific organisation about 10 times, in different places...)

Here it's spring weather, did some gardening (usually I cannot resist when they sell potted flowers at half price because the next "batch" is coming in, especially when it's bulb plants like daffodils) - I then "set them free" in my garden and usually they are even more beautiful the next year and the year after that and some even "procreate" and make the world a brighter place... the birds sing and I enjoy being alive...
A "three-in-one" dandelion... Shackesque

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:07 pm

Now that is one thing I miss about the UK - the daffodils! You are going into spring, and we are going into winter - I can't wait! I haven't been able to do any gardening this summer, as we had a drought and most of the garden is dead. I hope it magically comes back to life with some winter rain.

It sure does sound like you love your job, which is wonderful!
In the cracks of an earthquake, new flowers grow.

Judy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Judy » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:58 pm

I planted a circle of daffodils around my birdbath last year. They came up and are currently blooming.

Doggie

Post by Doggie » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:46 pm

I'm thinking our winter just started. We have a couple inches of snow and it is still snowing.

AnaFigueira
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Post by AnaFigueira » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:00 pm

And I got my Ticket yesterday... the day after tomorrow is the day... in 48 hours I will be "smack dab in the middle" of the Shack...

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:16 pm

Oh, how exciting Ana!!

Doggie

Post by Doggie » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:31 pm

Enjoy

AnaFigueira
Not a Newbie
Not a Newbie

Post by AnaFigueira » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:38 pm

Saw it... still there in my heart... like Mack I feel most comfortable around Jesus... Sarayu and Papa are a bit overwhelming at times
Love how Jesus finds Mack in the cold and invites him in, leading the way... how he hands him the torn invitation once again whole - he really wants us and never stops inviting us...
"Let's get you out of this boat"... my favorite scene... what's yours?
Today is Palm Sunday - I was confirmed on Palm Sunday 33 years ago... Ps 73:23 Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand.
Doesn't that fit - God is not interested in prisoners, we are free... and at the same time he lovingly, tenderly and firmly holds us... means more than ever to me, that verse I was given so long ago
Ana

Arus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Arus » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:53 pm

Oh, I can't WAIT to see it!!!

Return to “Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (New Members)”