A Confluence of Paths ... Shout Outs and New Members > Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (New Members)

new here. hello!

(1/7) > >>

Mama2Times:
Hi! My name is Jen and I just joined a minute ago, so I'm learning my way around. I'm 30 years old, married to the love of my life, and very blessed mama to my 2-year-old son and 6-month-old daughter.

I first read The Shack over three years ago. I was in kind of a dark place, and my mom stumbled upon the book by accident. She loved it, passed it on to me, and my heart has never been the same.

However, life happens, and I fell away from my persuit of a meaningful relationship with God. I had two children in less than two years and I just got very wrapped up in life as a mama.

A few weeks ago, I realized how much is lacking when I don't have an ongoing dialogue with Jesus and I knew that the jumpstart I would need was reading The Shack again. It worked! I've been talking to some friends who were also bowled over by the message in the book and I feel my heart opening up again.

I'm so glad to be here.

diegito:
Hello and welcome to you, Mama2Times!!

I know exactly what you mean about getting "wrapped up" as I'm a mama-4-times... I'm 47 and live in South Germany. I joined this forum about four months ago and it is something I would not want to be without... so many wonderful people here and a daily reminder of how important God is in our lives. I look forward to getting to know you, M2T!

Love from diegito :Hug: :Hug: :Hug:

arus:
Hello Mama2Times  :)

Welcome to the forum.  I can understand life being a bit crazy with two little ones around!  That's a lovely age gap between them.  Does your son like his baby sister?

Do come back and visit with us  :)

Judy:
Hello Mama.  I live in NE Alabama in the mountains and I'm old enough to be your mama.  My daughter, who lives with me, isn't married, but my niece has a one year old and is expecting a second.

How blessed you are to be married to the right man.

Mama2Times:
Hi, all! Thanks for the warm welcome.

I am very blessed indeed to have the husband I do. We were high school sweethearts and broke up when we were attending separate colleges. We eventually came back together and it was pretty obvious that it was meant to be. We are the kind of happy that makes people roll their eyes. :-)

My son does love his baby sister. He thinks he's the 3rd parent, though, so that's sometimes a challenge. He wants to pick her up and carry her around... but he is a fantastic big brother. Having our daughter was the best thing weever did for him! Seeing the way they love each other is truly a beautiful thing.

That's probably enough of my gushy mama stuff for tonight! I look forward to getting to know you all!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version