Author Topic: About me  (Read 46611 times)

Offline Heartbroken

• Old Timer
Re: About me
« Reply #240 on: June 21, 2009, 10:52:53 PM »
hey

first things first

hi to Josephine, its nice to have

todays been good for me what about u lot, hope things are good in middle of geography and so bored, i got result from threeo of my other exams

Biology - 153/176
History - 21/25
Home Ec - 19/20
English - 99/100

im highest out of first two and second highest in home ec and tied first for english

yes theres always expectations no matter what we do, but i think we need to look past them and do as much as we can to our best

Shelly
And now I'm glad I didn't know, The way it all would end the way it would go, Our lives are better left to chance, I could have missed the pain, but I'd had to miss the dance, And I wouldn't miss this for the world

Garth Brooks - The Dance-

Offline Josephine

• Not a Newbie
« Reply #241 on: June 22, 2009, 04:15:08 AM »
Hello Shelley,

Well done on your exam results xxx

Offline workofgrace

• Posts WAY Too Much
« Reply #242 on: June 22, 2009, 06:33:46 AM »

I have spent most of my life, trying to live up to the expectations of various people, trying to be what they wanted/needed or expected me to be, and of course, always failing miserably!  Now, at almost 60 years of age - I have at last realised that the only answer is to simply 'be'.  To be the best I can be, being 'me' - and if other people have a problem with that, then it is their problem, not mine.

Josephine, welcome to the forum! That's a wonderful lesson you've learned. It's something I need to keep learning.

Shelly, well done on your exams!

Love, workofgrace
John 13:34-35 "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

Offline Heartbroken

• Old Timer
« Reply #243 on: June 26, 2009, 05:16:16 PM »
hey guys has everyone  and their families doing im ok things going well for me

Shelly
And now I'm glad I didn't know, The way it all would end the way it would go, Our lives are better left to chance, I could have missed the pain, but I'd had to miss the dance, And I wouldn't miss this for the world

Online arus

• Community Assistant
  • Posts WAY Too Much
« Reply #244 on: June 27, 2009, 04:47:00 AM »
Hey Shelly, I'm glad to hear that  :D
In the cracks of an earthquake, new flowers grow.

Offline workofgrace

• Posts WAY Too Much
« Reply #245 on: June 27, 2009, 07:22:06 AM »
I'm glad to hear things are going well for you, Shelly.

My husband and I went on a lovely holiday to Walhalla in Victoria this week.

Love, workofgrace
John 13:34-35 "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

Offline Heartbroken

• Old Timer
« Reply #246 on: July 02, 2009, 05:57:10 PM »
yay off school for 2 weeks, things are going ok for me few ups and ,downs but i guess thats life glad you had fun in victoria i've never left South Australia except for going to Kangaroo Island which is a beautiful place to go except for the bush fires

hows everyone going

Shelly

Offline TheSiobahn

• Barely not a Newbie
« Reply #247 on: July 02, 2009, 06:16:59 PM »
I've had the Shack since Christmas time, just didn't tear myself away from the silly 'puter to read real books. Well, I started and was shocked at the beginning. I was in the middle of an IV iron treatment(long story...boring) and captive, so I buckled down and kept reading. The tears flowed and still I kept on, then I met Papa! Each one, Papa, Jesus, and Sarayu are visions of what I already knew. My husband and I were pulled out of our organized church by Papa, although we didn't know why at the time. We struggled, looked for a new church, one that was outward facing, wanting to work with the people that NEEDED a church family. No one wanted us...they all wanted to fix us, and it was plain Dad was up to something!

Then we fell on unconditional reconciliation. Or my husband did. he told me about this life changing way of seeing things and I was really taken aback! It took awhile but I began to see where Bruce was coming from, and the truth made it's way into my own heart. I will not say I understand it all, there are too many questions and not enough answers, so many that Jesus will have to answer himself. But he and The spirit together are helping me on this journey and The Shack brings me such comfort. It shows me ideas in hard print, something to wrap my head around. I'm learning how to ask the questions and of whom, and even which ones aren't worth my time to ask!
I love the book, it will be one I cannot part with, and must re-read many times. There are passages in it that speak of Father, Son and Spirit in such a way that my heart lightens, and I fly a bit! THANK YOU!!!

Online arus

• Community Assistant
  • Posts WAY Too Much
« Reply #248 on: July 03, 2009, 03:09:55 AM »
Yay Shelly - school holidays!!  I hope you have a lovely break!

Welcome TheSiobahn - I'm so glad you enjoyed it and do hope you keep coming back here.

Son of Adam

« Reply #249 on: July 03, 2009, 04:11:11 AM »
Greetings TheSiobahn, and welcome to the Shack forum and family.

Offline workofgrace

• Posts WAY Too Much
« Reply #250 on: July 03, 2009, 07:48:06 AM »
Hi TheSiobahn,

Welcome to our family here. I'm glad The Shack had a good impact on you.

Shelly, I hope you enjoy your school holidays.

Blessings to you both,

Love, workofgrace

Offline Heartbroken

• Old Timer
« Reply #251 on: July 04, 2009, 03:42:01 AM »
hey guys

hello to TheSiobahn, welcome to the shack forums lots of talkign about allsorts and lots of advice.

hols have already started badly we had to have one of our birds down yesterday morning it had somehow had the inside of its thoart burnt we don't know how but she couldn't eat and they was nothing left to do

has anyone heard from Jen

Shelly

Online arus

• Community Assistant
  • Posts WAY Too Much
« Reply #252 on: July 04, 2009, 05:53:48 AM »
Aww, I'm so sorry Shelly, how sad.  I hope the rest of your hols goes better.

Jen is just fine  :D

Offline workofgrace

• Posts WAY Too Much
« Reply #253 on: July 05, 2009, 06:21:27 AM »
Sorry to hear about your bird, Shelly. I hope the rest of your holidays goes better.

Love, workofgrace

Offline MFPereira

• Barely not a Newbie
« Reply #254 on: July 06, 2009, 05:11:35 PM »
Hi, I started reading The Shack yesterday and finished it today. My name is Marcia, I'm from Brasil. I'm a university teacher in a veterinary school. I live with my mother, who is bipolar. My older brother suicides 17 years ago. I enjoy reading, but I have few time. :angel:
That's it!