Author Topic: About me  (Read 49406 times)

Offline artisticbloom

• Old Timer
Re: About me
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2008, 10:35:41 PM »
Praying hard for you Michelle...There are so many wonderful people in here to help..just spill your heart out honey.
"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings"...Eric Hoffer

Offline Heartbroken

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2008, 12:04:48 AM »
why do teenage girls have to be so bitchy, i was saying before about the girl with the siezures, this morning we were fine then she ignored me and the other girls till twenty minutes into lunch, and she does this so often and she just expects us to be ok with it, she acts likes nothing wrong, when clearly there is. I just need someone to tell how to deal with this and what to do about it because im so stressed at the moment about everything else and i don't know what to do. by the way my parents don't know about any of this becasue if they did, things would be worse for me, i know they care but they are part of the big problem, both my other siblings have depression or had it and now my mate reckons i have it. what do i do, i don't want to talk to my mum because its so uncomfortable and it doesn't feel natural to do it like i know it should. talking over the internet to people i don't even know is so much easier than talking to my own mother. i want a better relationship, but then if i had one i would have missed out on such much fun and i would have never done the things i did, i don't regret what i've done and i wouldn't change it. i would only change the way things have ended and the way things have gone. what should i do????????????????

Shelly xx
And now I'm glad I didn't know, The way it all would end the way it would go, Our lives are better left to chance, I could have missed the pain, but I'd had to miss the dance, And I wouldn't miss this for the world

Garth Brooks - The Dance-

jen1970

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2008, 12:14:18 AM »
Ok my lovely, lets have a look at this...I'm afraid the girls in your age group around you at the moment, aren't gonna change.  Yes they are bitchy, but it passes with age as they mature, still hard to deal with when your in the middle of it, day in day out. This girl that has seizures, is there a teacher or school nurse or school councellor you could talk too about this?  About how this situation makes you feel? It's really bringing you down babycakes, it doesn't have to remain this way.  I know you are under a heap of pressure right now. So you need to (when you are not upset) have a good look at all the sources of this pressure, and see what you can deal too and ease, or better still, eliminate. Maybe even write some stuff down, brain storm over how you can alleviate the pressure that is bearing down on you.

Shelly I really feel for you not being able to talk with your parents.  That is so hard. Do you think they might project some fears onto you, because of your siblings depression? Have you tried talking to your family doctor?  I know thats difficult, cos you have to pay, and it's expensive.  If you felt comfortable, you could try calling, and seeing if you can have a chat over the phone. Do your parents have friends that you get on with that you could talk to? What about grandparents? What about parents of your friends? Is there anyone in your life and circle of friends that is accessable to you and you feel you could open up too and have a wee chat about things?

I agree, it's so much easier talking to strangers online, being behind a screen makes you feel alot more courageous, than you would probably otherwise feel, talking face to face with someone. Just be careful, cos in your pain you are vulnerable.  Just be safe online ok? Don't give out any contact or personal information. But you already know that!

Hey if it's any consolation, I can't talk with my mum either!  And I'm cough 38 cough....

In a nutshell my lovely.... you need to find someone you can talk with. If after having a think and you aren't able to come up with anyone, how about youth helplines.  They are normally always free and have trained councellors to take your calls.  They don't pressure you or anything, they are professionals, who will be able to listen to you and maybe point you in the right direction.

Hey I see that we are fellow Australasians! WOOHOO!

I gotta hit the sack now my lovely... SOOOOO tired, REALLY need some beauty sleep!

Looking forward to hearing from you again.  You know just quickly. I was talking with a friend tonight and I said to him, 'all you need to do is just put one foot infront of the other, you don't need to run just yet.'  It's the same for you Shelly, don't try and get every little thing figured out at once, it's ok for it to evolve over time, sometimes its the natural law of things.

I'll be praying for you tonight.

Big kiss
jen x
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 02:54:32 AM by Chookalicious! »

Offline Aunt Nette

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2008, 05:46:29 AM »
Shelly,

What a messy little part of the world you find yourself in these days.  There is just a bit of advice that I can offer you at the moment.  You have only control over you, sweetheart.  The actions around you, though they affect you, you can not control them.  You can only control you and your reaction to them.  Suicide is the most selfish form of death.  It is okay to be angry at them, but it's not okay to be angry at yourself.  You have to come to terms with your feelings, but don't take these external burdens on as they are not your cross to bear.  If you pick up this baggage, your life will bog down to a point where you may not be able to move forward.  Love your friends, forgive them for their choices, and know that Papa loves you with open arms, making a way for you to see to the other side of this grief.

As for the other girls at your school, you have no control over them either.  Treat them as you would want someone to treat you.  If there is a counselor at school available, make an appointment to discuss your worries and concerns.  Most of all, worry and love you.  Unless you are strong and whole, then there is no way you can help anyone else.  All of my life I have had to take time in my life to cocoon like a caterpillar so that I could metamorphize into something new.  Life is painful, but Papa's promise of beauty is just beyond the change.  You have the strength.  You have the belief.  You are an extraordinary young woman.

Annette

Offline artisticbloom

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2008, 07:44:06 AM »
Shelly, teenagers are hard to understand..I have had 3 of them to raise and been one ,once upon a time ago..I really wish you could talk to your parents..Even though you may not have the best of communication with them they must be alarmed over all this that you are experiencing and may not know how to handle it either but I am sure they are concerned about you . Is there somone u can have with you to sit down with your parents and kind of be the moderator and you all talk?

Communication is the key and knowing how to express ourselves without being accusing or judgemental and not putting somone on the defensive. good luck sweetie.. We are praying hard for you. Praying that you and your family and friends can have a peace of love and communication and most of all an understanding of each other that you can all be comfortable with. Respect must come into play here also and its hard to love someone and not respect them..LOVE+RESPECT= UNDERSTANDING

have a good positive day..   LOVE, ArtisticBloom
"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings"...Eric Hoffer

Offline PorkChopTD

• Not a Newbie
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2008, 09:12:24 AM »
Hang in there!  I had similar feelings towards God, when he took my parents away.  We can do it, right!  Life is a rough road sometimes. If we can keep God in it, that road won't be so rough.  Like we just put on a brand new pair of shocks on our vehicle :laugh:

Offline SharonAS

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2008, 05:12:20 PM »
Hi Michelle,
    There are times when life is hard and the pain is unbearable, but don't give up.  You have a lot of people who care about you here in Shackland and we all want to support you in your pain.   I was married for 40 years to my highschool sweetheart and when he died last year it was only the love of Papa and my family and friends who get me through the darkness..

There is a light at the end of the tunnel and his name is Jesus.  He loves you, will never leave you, and wants to help you through these times.  I was lucky to have known Him before I lost my husband, but you can find 'peace that passes understanding' by sharing your burdens with Him and then let Him carry you.

If there's any way I can help, I'm here.     Bless you, Sharon

jen1970

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2008, 05:25:34 PM »
Hey Shelly,

How you doing today my lovely?  It IS Jen here, I'm just having some fun with the boys in the misc section! Don't be fooled, underneath this harsh exterior I'm ALL girl!
Thinking of you.

Jen x

Offline epass

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2008, 10:56:46 PM »
Dear Brokenhearted,
I am a  newbie but I know that Papa is real.  And as I tell the youth I work with...My God is big enough to hear my anger and heal my hurts.  I love this story because over and over again, it points out that Papa is bigger than our hurts, habits and hang ups!  While I  know that we are not here to promote churches or church going...find a celebrate recovery group, if there is one in your area.  I am part of one and it is the one place that I have found that I can be totally real and not  worry about being  judged  because I am surround by others who are recovering from hurts, habits and hangups.  God just loves and desires a relationship with us and if we let Him He can heal our shattered hearts and broken spirits.  All He asks is that we are willing.  I am sorry for the loss that has surrounded you. Hang in there.

Offline courageous

• Posts WAY Too Much
  • Freedom From...
    • My Business
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2008, 12:29:04 AM »
Hi Michelle!  I stand with all those sending Love your way.  Keep things simple and stay focussed.  Praying for you and your friends right now.
Nice to meet you!

cyndi
It's time to let go of the proud "survivor" mode and enter the Freedom of Forgiveness.  Thanks Mr. Young.

Offline Heartbroken

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2008, 01:41:29 AM »
hi guys

thanks for the advice, i must admit its easier said than done. theres a chaplain at my school and hes a really nice guy, but i just can't trust him after all i've been through. i know that i should talking to someone, but i've tried and im sick of getting fake judgements, there are other parents i could talk to but knowing them they would  tell my parents and i just can't deal wioth the yelling and the swearing at me at the moment. after hanging witha bunch of 60 guys for so long trusting males its'nt that easy for me. the phonelines don't really work for  me becasue i don't have the time to talk on the phone. well i ahve to go i have hospital;ity function tomoro and i have to iron my whites. im so excited im kitchen manager. if i can i'll be on at school, but if not i'll talk on thursday nite. thanks for the advice please keep it coming.

luv Shelly xx
And now I'm glad I didn't know, The way it all would end the way it would go, Our lives are better left to chance, I could have missed the pain, but I'd had to miss the dance, And I wouldn't miss this for the world

Offline arus

• Community Assistant
  • Posts WAY Too Much
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2008, 12:29:26 PM »
Thinking of you shellybean - hope the function is a blast!!

xxx
In the cracks of an earthquake, new flowers grow.

Offline Heartbroken

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2008, 07:26:36 PM »
hey i took the day off after last night its was so much fun yet a lot of hard work, the food was amazing and every worked really well together. im so tired but it was worth it. hope u guys are all good. thanks for advice.

Shelly xx

jen1970

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2008, 07:30:30 PM »
HEY GORGEOUS!

The notification has turned its self off for this thread, I didn't realise you'd posted... I'm always late to the party!

Hey sounds like you had a brilliant time! YAY YOU!  Kitchen Manager is a pretty big responsibility.  I bet you slept like a baby! lol

How are you today my lovely?  How are you feeling?

Jen x

Offline Heartbroken

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2008, 07:39:02 PM »
hey its cool i only just posted, i hardly slept at all last night.
i feel i don't know how to descrcibe it its a mix of depressed and angry and tired and i feel like giving up co things are too hard at the moment. so i guess im not that great today.
how are you today?

Shelly xx